Assumptions pt.2// Chapter 18

"YOU KNOW MAYBE SHE DESERVED WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HER" I could recognize that voice anywhere.

Jack....he thinks I deserve it. Now he has really lost me. Forever.
_____________________________

Anna's P.O.V.

I wipe away my tears. If he thinks I really deserve what happened to me, Than he doesn't deserve my tears. He doesn't deserve me. I walk through the unlocked door and slam it shut. Everyone goes silent. Kaylee and Rena are being held back by their boyfriends which is why, I assume, Jonah and Corbyn were doing the yelling. Rena and Kaylee run towards me and try and hug me "dont touch me" I growl, not breaking my eye contact with Jack. Kaylee and Rena's eyes go wide and they slowly back away. When I am angry, I can get scary. That is why they backed up so quickly...they dont want to get caught in the crossfire.

I walk up to Jack and I see him get scared. Jonah tries to approach me but Corbyn holds him back "trust me, I would not do that. If you want to keep all 4 limbs I suggest you stay out of her way" Corbyn says Jonah slowly steps back. "Do you think I deserve what happened?" I say with a tone of hatred. Like my words are laced with poison. I have never been so angry in my life. "Wha-" I cut him off before he could make another idiotic remark. "You heard exactly what I said. Don't play dumb. Do. You-" I flick his forehead
"Think I deserve what happened to me". He stays silent. Corbyn puts his hand over his mouth. Realizing what I am about to do.
"Does your ignorant ass even know the shit I have been through?" He stays silent.
"Well how about I enlighten you, since you already think I deserve it" I look around the room to see if everyone is still here. Everyone is still in their spots.
"Anna I don-" I cut Corbyn off.
"No offence but shut your mouth" I say to Corbyn. He throws up both his hands like he is surrendering.
"Do you want us to go or..?" Daniel says scratching his cheek. "No actually I prefer if you stay. I want to know what Jack thinks I deserve" I say focusing back on Jack.
"So where do I start? Well how about my last name...Corbyn is that a good place to start?" When I am angry I get extremely sarcastic...and scary. But thats not the point.
"Uhh sure.." Corbyn says rubbing his neck.
"My last name is Marriot. Like the hotels...Did you ever hear about what happend to the Marriot family?" Daniels jaw drops along with Jonahs. Jack, Zach, and Kaylee are clueless. "Y-your Annabeth Marriot?" Daniel questions.
"So you've heard about my family?" I ask.
"Yes, unfortunately I have.." he looks down. Jack just looks more confused.
"Well now you will hear the entire story, not just what you heard on the news". I pause and focus back on Jack.
"My entire family...aside from Lily. Was murdered in front of me at the age of 13" I pause. I haven't said that out loud since I had to file police reports. Jack looks like he is about to say something but I cut him off.
"And if you think that it couldn't get any worse for me. Trust me, you are wrong...I was kidnapped for a year and a half. Beaten, starved, and verbally abused for 18 months straight."

I tell them about my 'mother' and how it is my fault. I tell them everything. Almost everything.
"So Jack did I deserve that?" I pause holding back tears threatening to fall. He doesnt do anything but look at me with a dumb useless sympathetic expression.
"Did I deserve this?" I pull up my shirt and show a large scar on my ribs.
"Do you see this scar? This is from when I was beaten so badly, that they cracked my rib and the bone tore through my skin... Did I deserve that?" I yell at him, tears nkw streaming down my face.
"Did I deserve to be called a 'useless whore' everyday because they starved me and beat me so badly that I was too weak to stand?" I get nothing from him, all he does is look at his feet. I am fed up with silence. I am fed up with everything.
"DID I DESERVE THAT JACK" I scream at the top of my lungs. I slap him across the face and Corbyn holds me back. I take a moment to breath and calm down.
"Answer me honestly. Did I really deserve that?" I say quietly. Just a little louder than a whisper. "Annabeth Faith Marriot...you did not deserve a damn thing" Jonah says as he comes up and hugs me. I hug him back with tears still pouring out.
"Thank you...but you never said I did... He did" I say looking at Jack. He hugs me again and whispers.
"No matter what happens, I will stay by you Anna".
"Thank you" I whisper back. I notion him to go back yo where he was previously.
"Jack. I told you everything. Now. Do you still think I deserve it?"

He looks down

"I don't know..." He says

What he says breaks my heart. I tell him my biggest most dangerous secret and he 'doesn't know' if I deserve it. I dont know who this is but this is not the Jack I fell in love with.

"What happened to you? Where did the Jack that I love go?... I-I... I need to go. If I stay any longer, I will cause even more trouble than I already have. And Jack... Fuck you" I say whilr flipping him off. "You already know this but I will say it again. You have lost me, and this time...forever. So fuck you, and good luck with Natalie. You'll need it, hopefully she won't leave your ass like I did" I roll my eyes, walk out the front door, and slam it shut. I am not sure what happened to him, but that is NOT the Jack Avery I fell in love with.

Jack's P.O.V.

The door slams behind her. What have I done? I get dragged out of my thoughts when I see Rena and Kaylee run towards me. They both tackle me to the floor screaming and hitting me. Zach and Daniel drag them of of me. "thanks" I say
"we didn't do that for you. We don't want the people we care about to waste their time on something as stupid as you" Daniel glares at me. My eyes widen, what did I do to them??
"Don't act so surprised. Anna was family. We were her ONLY family. And you had to go and ruin the one good thing she had left." Zach said. "Don't be so selfish next time you think about jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about something you know nothing about" Corbyn says.
"Why did you get to know about all of that? I'm her boyfriend, she should've told me"

"Are you an actual idiot Jack? She didn't tell you to keep you safe dumbass. And by the way, she isn't your girlfriend anymore" Corbyn yells back at me.

"Why do you keep saying that? Why the hell would I be in danger. She killed her mom remember? And also I will get her back. She won't leave that easily" How the hell am I in danger?

"I wouldn't be so sure, she basically told you that she'd be supprised if Natalie didn't break up with you...She only told most of the story, but she left some parts out. Once again trying to protect your ass. Not even sure why she tries anymore" Corbyn says mumbling the last part rolling his eyes.

"Well there she goes lying to me once again" I say back rolling my eyes.

"Jesus Jack, would you please shut the fuck up for once. No one needs to hear your voice right now so shut the hell up" Jonah says pacing around the room with his head in his hands. Jonah isn't one to curse too much so this is kind of a big deal when he says that. You can tell he is really angry.

"Jack.. 3 people kidnapped her. Only one of them is dead. And the no one knows who the other 2 people are. They are still after her" Corbyn says now looking down. Kaylee and Rena start to tear up and their boyfriends comfort them. Jonah looks like something inside him died. She is still in danger? This is all my fault. She is going to get taken again and it will be because of me.

"I-i...what have I done? How do I fix this?" I look up at Corbyn.

"Get your shit together because quite frankly. I dont like the idea of you being around Anna....in fact I don't like the idea of you being around me"

He storms off upstairs and slams his room shut. What have I done?

_______________________________________

Heyyyyy! I'm back with yet ANOTHER chapter. Did y'all like it🤠. This chapter was actually really hard to write bc I would catch myself tearing up a lil bit every once in a while. But its okayyyyy. Tell me if you liked it or nah. And dont forget to vote 💕 byyeeeeee

Xo-Julia

Why is jack such an ass? (I mean I love you irl but in the book...nope)

Does Jonah lowkey like her? Or are they just friends like Corbyn?

What is going to happen to Anna if 'they' find out she told people about what happened?

Find out in the next chapters!!!