The Absence of Love// Chapter 20

Anna's P.O.V.

I give them the house tour. It goes great. Every once in a while I see Corbyn glare at Jack. Sometimes I roll my eyes at their petty fighting. But I appreciate it, it is nice to know how much Corbyn still cares. That someone, anyone still cares.

I don't show it but every time I look at Jack my heart breaks a little bit more. I love him, more that anything in this world. I love him more than I love all of my friends and myself combined.

I love him, but he doesn't care. He couldn't care less if I was dead. He told me to my face that he doesn't care, but I still feel myself wanting to be in his warm embrace. Just once, just one more time. I love him, but he told me how he really feels and I can't do anything but accept that and try to move on. I love this boy more than life itself, but somehow I need to move on, if I don't I dont think I will ever recover from the damage done by the absence of his love. I love him, but I will get nothing in return.

"Want to go swimming now?"

"Yeah, where can we change?"

I tell them which rooms to go to and I go up to my room and change as well (swimsuit on top). My hair had been in a ponytail so I let it down and brushed through my slightly wavy blonde hair.

I grab 6 towels and go down stairs. I wait for around 10 minutes until finally they all come down. And boys say girls take too long to get ready, smh. All of them are in their swimsuits. And all the boys are lookin like a straight up snack except for Jack.....Jack is lookin like a FULL COURSE MEAL. (a/n when is he not??)
We all head outside and I feel eyes burning through me. Obviously its not Daniel or Zach bc my ships are too goals for anything like that. I turn around and see Jack staring. This child, he had an opportunity..he just decided that I wasnt worth is anymore.

Jack's P.O.V.

Anna is so beautiful. So flawless. So...is there a better word than perfect? She was mine, all mine! But my dumbass had to mess all that up now didn't I? She was inlove with me! How blind could I be to just let her go. She was my sunshine. My happiness! My future! My everything... and I just let her walk out of that door. She deserves better. Better than what I could ever give her. She is the most extraordinary person to ever walk this earth and I just let her go. I let the greatest thing to ever happen to me walk out my door, and I did nothing but stand there and watch her walk away. I broke her heart and didn't even apologize. If I found out a boy had done that to her before, I would definitely pay a visit to him to knock his ass out. But a 'boy' who did that to her is me. I ruined everything good we had and I didn't even make an effort to bring it up, we didnt discuss it once! Why am I so stupid! I let freaking ANNA FAITH MARRIOT BREAK UP WITH ME AND I DID NOTHING TO STOP IT! im a mess. a complete and utter mess.

Anna's P.O.V.

"CANNON BALLLL" I yell running into the pool. I am in love with this house. This house is my happy place. I am here with my favorite people in my favorite place. Well I mean Jack is here so I guess it could be better.

The rest of the boys jump in as well. We play marco polo, we chicken fight. Life is good. I walk up the stairs of the pool and walk around. I go up to the big rock ledge that is connected to the pool. I climb it and stand at the edge. I do a front flip landing perfectly into the pool. "Ayye thats my girl" corbyn says as we do our best friend handshake. We are bestie goals tbh. We continue to do stupid things in the pool, and play more games until it gets pretty dark. We all go inside and take turns showering (my house has 4 bathrooms) So only 2 of us have to wait. Unfortunatly, you guessed it I am stuck waiting with Jack.

"Anna, are we really just over? After all we went through together?" He says as if he cares. After what he said, and what he did he could not give a damn about me or my feelings.