Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Love at First Sight

We left Monica's house at 10 in the morning and right now, granny, Candy, and I are all gathered around the counter where I served them pasta for lunch since it's the only food I could cook that doesn't taste horrible.

After eating, we all gathered in the living room and watched a random movie that we all found quite interesting. It's about a little girl and a dog. This makes me wanna go to a shelter and adopt a dog.

Light bulb!

"Can I adopt a dog?" I turn to granny suddenly. Granny glanced at me with uncertainty. "Please. It's too lonely in this house we need a new member." That caught granny's approval because she hated loneliness that's why she was so excited when I told her I'm gonna live with her.

"I want one, too." Candy pouted.

"Then, let's go." I stood up from the couch. "We're going to the animal shelter." I reached for the remote on the coffee table and turned the television off.

"Right now?" Granny whined.

"Yes, right now." I nodded stubbornly.

"Fine." She sighed and Candy clapped her hands excitedly.

We all piled in granny's car drove off. Granny was driving because I didn't know where the shelter is. We drove in comfortable silence, the three of us were obviously in deep thoughts.

I've always wanted a puppy when I was little. Too bad, my mum was allergic to them and she could never say no to me so she had to use the allergy excuse and how it could lead you to death just to scare me. It worked. That made me scared so I stopped asking for it. But, her allergies wasn't the one that killed her at all.

"We're here." Granny announced, snapping me out of my thoughts. Candy squealed excitedly like a little  girl as we unloaded the car. The three of us headed inside the shelter and distinct barks filled my ears.

"Good afternoon, ladies." A woman who looks to be in mid 20s approached us with a welcoming smile. "My name is Sofie."

"Hi, Sofie. Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"We're looking for puppies." Candy piped in.

Her face lit up. "Follow me." She grinned and started walking towards the door on the right. As soon as she pushed the door open, the cute barks were now loud and clear.

"Oh my goodness." Candy gasped as she ran to two pomeranian puppies. I chuckled lightly and searched for a puppy that I would fall in love with.

I walked around and I couldn't help but coo and pat or scratch every puppy that I'd pass by. This is harder than I expected. I fell in love with all the puppies inside this room.

Walking further, a small fluffy ball that was fast asleep caught my eye. I gasped and approached it. Sensing my presence, the little guy woke up from his slumber and glanced at me which melted my heart.

"Hello little guy." I greeted as I reached over his gate to scratch him behind the ear. Picking it up, "Oh goodness, you're so heavy." I looked at its genitals and grinned. "I'm gonna call you," I paused and pondered for a bit and settled for a unique name. "Meadow." I grinned at how it perfectly suited her. "And you are coming home with me." I smiled at her as she showed me her tongue. "You're so adorable." I wanted to cry right on the spot. She is perfect! And by the looks of it, they have been spoiling her with food.