Chapter 25

Chapter 25 - Bye bye

Colton's P.O.V

I stared into the wall helplessly, still not believing the news that just been revealed to us. Right now, we were in gathered in the living room, Candy and Monica were still crying non stop. Principal Storm went to go home, saying her kids are looking for her. Granny went to the kitchen to bake us some cookies, saying she needed something to distract her for a little bit. Aiden was silent next to me, not even uttering a single word when we got here. But, I caught several tears rolling down on his cheeks.

As for me, the minute I went into the living room, I couldn't think clear, it was so hard to register. I was about to ask her to be my girlfriend. Sighing, I placed my face in my palms, my elbows resting on my knees, as a new set of tears appeared. My mind was unclear and I felt like my brain is scattered everywhere. We were just enjoying the sun set the other day, and now... and now she's gone.

I couldn't believe it. The minute Candy called me, sobbing, I knew there was something wrong. When she mentioned Raine, I felt uneasy but, when I got here, I didn't know this was it. I didn't know she'd be leaving us. I didn't get to say goodbye. But, she did. She knew all along. She sadly said goodbye to us on the last day of school before Christmas break.

I thought I was gonna make her mine by New Year's. I wanted to be her to be my New Year's kiss and to be mine. Why didn't she tell me? She had every chance to tell me in that building. I was frustrated and angry but, sadness weighed heavier. It doesn't matter now.

Seeing her lovely face look so pale and lifeless, my heart shattered. It broke me, too. I even planned a special dinner for us on Christmas. Fuck, I'm so messed up right now. Everything feels so unreal.

"Raine left something for you, guys. Upstairs." Candy suddenly spoke up. Her voice sounded tired and beaten. "Follow me." She said lowly as she start to get up and walk towards the stairs. We all followed and we entered a small room that was neatly done. We spotted four unwrapped presents on her bed and we grabbed the ones with our names on it.

I opened the gift silently, just like the others and more tears rolled down my cheek when I saw what it is. There, laid is the polaroid photo in the ice cream shop, looking like we were having fun. We did. It was placed in a small picture frame. Another gift was of a silver ring. I noticed something engraved on the inside. I read the words and my heart dropped to my stomach and more tears started to roll out.

'Forever Your Pumpkin'

***
THE END.

***THE END