Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - I'm Scottish

It was already lunch time and I am freaking starving. Candy and I walked out of Physics together and were joined in by Monica after stopping by at her locker. We walked in the lunch room and headed to our usual table while Candy walked to the lunch line. I noticed that there were only a few of them on the popular table.

"Gross, look at this." Monica showed her phone screen to me, showing a photo of a blonde girl in a cheerleader outfit placing her hand over a muscled arm which belonged to guy next to her in a basketball outfit, who appears to be drinking water and paying no attention to the girl with the caption, 'u thirsty babe? *winky face*'. "She just posted this like, five minutes ago."

I made a face. Why would she post such photo and caption while wearing the school's logo. If she was in my old school, she'd be expelled with a snap of a finger. "Who is that anyways?" I asked.

"Britney Davis and Colton Brennen." She responded.

"He skipped Physics just so she could unthirst him... If that's a word." I looked at Monica unsurely and she looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Just because you're a straight A student that doesn't mean you can go around making new words." She joked.

"Who's making new words?" Candy asked as she sat down right in across us and started munching on her burger.

"Look." Monica said as she showed Candy her screen as she made a disgusted face.

"Not your cousin." Candy shook her head. I stopped eating my fries and looked at Monica.

"That annoying twat is your cousin?" I asked her.

"Unfortunately." She shook her head. "He knows how much I hate Britney and he still invites her to my parties." She seethed.

"Oh, yeah. Like one time during summer, Monica had this huge pool party before school started. Britney and Monica ended up having the same swimsuit and Monica was forced to change." She laughed to herself. "If you were there to see it, you'd be laughing by now." Candy looked at me.

Monica looked at Candy with a sour expression. "Ha ha. Thanks for making me forget." Monica said sarcastically. "I mean I didn't even invite her and she came to my house wearing the exact swimsuit that I was wearing and then confronted me about it." Monica rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, and Monica was like 'I'm not changing. Why don't you just leave the party' and Britney wouldn't leave so Monica had to change, much to Britney's satisfaction." Monica tried mimic Monica's voice.

"The nerve." I shook my head. "I don't like her already."

"The whole school practically hates her." Monica said.

•••••

I sighed as Candy, Monica and I got out of the girls' locker room. Gym is exhausting. "I swear I'm gonna wake up tomorrow morning with sore muscles." Monica whined. Coach Berger made us run laps outside the school while she was just watching and eating junk on the sidelines. And that horrific whistle of hers is damaging my ears.

A poster that we passed by caught my eye, which made me turn back around and check it out. "Oh, the talent show. It's quite boring." Monica said.