Chapter 20

Chapter 20 - Ice Cream

It was Sunday today and I'm so not ready to go back to school tomorrow. I have a lot of talking to do to Candy tomorrow. And singing. The freaking talent show, I forgot it existed.

Last night, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. It keeps replaying inside my head like my favourite episode from my favourite T.V show. Questions were also running through my head like 'Why did he kiss me?' 'Does he like me?' 'Did it mean something to him?'. I wanted answers. Answers that only he can give.

I let my head fall on my palms and sighed. I need ice cream, pronto. To my luck, I noticed an ice cream shop just a few blocks from here. I need something to get my mind off Colton. Standing up from the couch, I went to get money and walked out of the door but not before informing my Aunt and promising I'll bring them a gallon of ice cream if there's any. The kids were still asleep since it's still 7 in the morning. My aunt was finishing work on the kitchen counter.

I noticed Colton washing his car in their driveway. My breath hitched in my throat the moment I looked at him. Why is he making me nervous all of the sudden?

Keeping my cool, "You washing your car?" I asked as I walked over to him after walking out of my aunt's house that was right next to his.

"No, I'm watering it to see if it grows into a private jet." He answered sarcastically, giving me a flat look.

I gave him a blank look before turning around and walking to the opposite direction, but not before mimicking him childishly in a mocking manner.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Away from you." I answered, not bothering to turn around. I hear him jogging behind me to catch up and stopped right beside me. I looked at him. "Did you not hear what I said?"

"I don't listen to lies, pumpkin. I know you like hanging out with me." He nudged me with his elbow teasingly. True, but I ain't telling him that.

"Or you're the one who likes to hang out with me." I accused.

He stayed silent, contemplating. "Nah, I like my version better." He stated. "Where are we going exactly?" He asked.

I pointed to the store that just got visible to where we're at. "Heaven." I answered.

"My favourite place." Colton beamed happily.

"I think it's about to become mine, too." I said to him as we entered the shop. It was really cute. We were the first costumers of the day.

 We were the first costumers of the day