Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - CLOUD('s) (m)NINE

I woke up this morning twenty minutes before school starts. I jumped in the shower immediately after glancing at the clock and realizing I'm gonna late.

After showering, I went to my closet and pulled out the first piece of clothing my hands laid on, which is a black off shoulder romper that I always pair with my thigh high black boots.

Quickly putting the garments on, I'd be lying when I say that I placed on my boots with ease

Quickly putting the garments on, I'd be lying when I say that I placed on my boots with ease. Pulling the towel that I placed up my head, I picked up Meadow from her little doggy bed before rushing down the stairs.

The house was very silent, which is surprising because granny always wake up very early in the morning and blast some music while she's in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Entering the dim kitchen, I reached for the light and turned it on as I rush quickly to serve Meadow her doggy breakfast and placed her on the ground so she could eat her food. I decided to make Dawn, her mum, her breakfast, too to lessen granny's to-do list.

I'm very sure that I am very late. Glancing at the clock before grabbing an apple, the time was 5:59 AM. "What?" I asked myself incredulously as I dropped the apple back to its bowl.

"Dear, why are you up so early?" Granny asked with a yawn as she entered the kitchen with Dawn behind her. Dawn immediately rushed to Meadow's side and started eating her dog food.

"The clock in my room said it's twenty minutes before school will start." I reasoned.

"Oh, darling." She said with a fake British accent, trying to imitate me. "That crappy clock. I forgot to replace it." She waved her hand non-chalantly as she made her way to the stove.

I sighed. "Well, in that case, I'm gonna dry up my hair since I missed an hour of sleep." I looked at her accusingly and she responded with a chuckle.