Chapter 19

Chapter 19 - Birthday

The birthday party was today and Colton's sister, Melanie was turning ten today. I was wearing an off shoulder pastel pink tight dress that hugs my curves perfectly that I matched with my aunt's white stilettos. A portion of my hair was braided neatly and wrapped around my head like a crown, leaving the rest of my red hair freely cascading down that stopped by my elbows. My make up was minimal and simple. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, I don't look bad.

"Darling, let's go." Aunt Roni peaked his head through the door. "You look beautiful." She raked her eyes on my body, taking in my appearance.

"Thank you." I smiled at her, giving her a playful courtesy. "You look beautiful, too." I complimented her. It was true, she was wearing a black, fitting long-sleeved top which was inserted in white loose pants with nude wedge sandals making her look modern and elegant.

 It was true, she was wearing a black, fitting long-sleeved top which was inserted in white loose pants with nude wedge sandals making her look modern and elegant

"Mommy, mommy! I'm hungry!" Chandler suddenly bursted in.

"Alright, we'll get something to eat next door." She said.

The seven of us, seven because of the nanny, walked out of the house and went to the house next door. We were greeted by Mrs. Brennen and she welcomed us in, telling us the party's in the backyard. The six of us made our way out, Aunt Roni was caught up talking with Mrs. Brennen.

The backyard was filled with kids running around. There was a bounce house, a mini playground that contains a swing, slide, monkey bars and a see saw, there were booths aligned that gives out free goodies such as cotton candy, marshmallows and ice cream.

"Woah." I let out.

"I've been to a hundred of these already. This don't surprise me." Jasmine, the nanny, stated, amused at my reaction. Jasmine is twenty-eight years old who lives in my aunt's house because she has to take care of the kids 24/7. Apparently, aunt Roni can't look after them on her own because of her work. She has to be in school every single day except on weekends, and that's the only time she can spend time with her children.

I grinned at her widely, "Must be tiring."

"You have no idea." She shakes her head lightheartedly before running after the kids.

I scanned the area before heading to the cotton candy booth, because frankly, my mouth's watering looking at these kids enjoying their cotton candies. I offered the vendor a light smile before asking for a purple coloured cotton candy. He took a stick that supports the cotton candy and spun it around. I always enjoy watching the process of making the cotton candy turn into a gigantic cotton ball. After finishing, he gave me the goodie and thanked him before walking over to a cute empty bench, clearly enjoying my food.