Chapter Thirty Four- Luke.

I watch in horror as Rey stands above Finn, her lightsaber ignited and ready to strike. His face is filled with fear, and his eyes are closed tightly, waiting for his fate.

"Rey," I speak.

Finally I walk towards the two, cloak on and lightsaber prepared. Their attention focus on me.

"Don't do this."

"Just who I wanted to see." She says, hate in her voice and an evil smirk appearing on her face.

I ignite my lightsaber, the bright green blade appearing before my eyes.

"You finally decided to show?" She asks. "Thirteen years pass, and now you come back for me. Maybe people do change."

"You obviously have." I reply. "I understand you are angry, I was, too. And I realize I should've came back for you - or at least tell you when we met again, but I didn't know how."

Rey glares, attacking me with her lightsaber.

We battle. She dodges my attempts and I do the same when she tries killing me.

After awhile she gains the upper hand, worrying me. I fight back, using all the strength I have. I sense her growing weak after awhile. The light side threatening to take over.

She still continues to fight.

"It doesn't matter." She states while fighting. "You abandoned me. You had me believing you'd return."

"I should've." I defend. "I should've came right back to that planet and grabbed you. I should've brought you to Ahch-To with me. But I didn't. I failed. And I'm trying to make it up to you. Please come home."

"Home?" She snaps. "I have no home!"

"The base is your home!"

"The base hasn't been my home since I was six." She argues.

I glance behind her, giving Finn a questioning look. I'm honestly not too worried about him. Where the lightsaber struck him wasn't anywhere too dangerous, so he should be able to make a full recovery. I especially believe that now, as he's waves me off and stands up.

I look at Rey.

Memories from when she was younger come back to me.

From the day she was born, up to the day I abandoned her. Those six years were the best years of my life.

She was always happy. She had the brightest smile on her all the time.

I remember when she first smiled. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I called her my 'Little Ray of Sunshine'. Little did I know she'd soon be going by the name of 'Rey' a few years later.

Her mom also had that smile. But she insisted on calling her 'Sunny' instead. I didn't argue, since that name was great, too. But honestly, my name for her was much better.

Suddenly I break out of my thoughts, to see Rey coming at me with her lightsaber raised.

Our lightsabers meet. Green and Red. The colors of a holiday they celebrate in some parts of the galaxy.

In the corner of my eye I see Finn, igniting the blue lightsaber in his hand.

And I'm not the only one who notices it.

Rey looks at him as well, and for a minute I can sense something in her.

Love.

I ignore it, and continue to fight.

You'd think Rey would be outnumbered - and she is. But since she was young, she had the power of four Jedi combined. She's always been so strong in the force.

It's terrifying.

"Look, Rey," Finn starts. "You are the best person I've ever met. I said this to you already, and I'll say it again, I love you. Please come back to us. Whatever he did to you - whatever THEY did to you, I'm so sorry. I wish I could take all the betrayal and pain you feel away from you."

She becomes distracted by Finn.

I take this as an advantage.

I knock her lightsaber out of her hand, cornering her just to make sure she doesn't go evil on us again.

Finn watches from behind, leaning against the wall.

"You lost." I reply. "Now, stop fighting. Surrender."

She rest against the wall with her eyes closed, holding her shoulder, with tears streaming down her face. I throw the lightsabers towards Finn, who collects them.

"What have I become?" She cries.

Finn comes over and sits next to her, taking her hand and holding it.

"You weren't in the right mind state." Finn says gently. "You aren't a monster. You're back now. That's all that matters."

She doesn't respond.

"Are you ready to return to the base?" I ask.

She nods.

We stand up.

Finn continues to hold her hand, not daring to let go as we walk out of the base.

I honestly don't know where Ben is at this point.

~

Finally we reach the ship, noticing no one had left. They hide inside.

"Is she back?" Lyra asks cautiously, as Rey walks past her.

"Yeah, I think." Finn nods. "She's really shaken up. I don't think she remembers anything, honestly."

"She almost killed Rose." Poe whispers. "Who does that?"

"Someone who wasn't thinking properly and was brainwashed." I reply. "She isn't a monster. Please don't treat her like one. We need to get past this."

"How do you know she won't turn?" Lyra questions, raising an eyebrow.

I don't answer.

"Guys, you aren't being fair." Finn replies. "She won't kill anyone. And if you don't trust her, why are you allowing her to be alone with Rose at the moment? You guys allowed me into your squad and I killed possibly thousands of people."

"It doesn't matter." Poe sighs. "Let's get out of here."

I nod, and we begin our journey back to the Resistance Base.

Late update. But it's the weekend now.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Bye!