Chapter Forty Eight- Leia.

For the first time in years, I stand face to face with my son.

My son who I loved.

My son who killed my husband.

My son ... the monster.

Who knew he would become this?

I know I didn't.

I thought he was happy. He didn't seem to have any reason to turn to the dark. So why did he? Was he not happy? Did he not love us? Did he not feel loved?

I always tried to be the best mom that I could.

I guess I wasn't as good of a mom as I wanted to be.

"Wow, What is this? A family reunion?" Ben asks. "No one invited me. Rude, much?"

"Well, you did kill Han, so." Rey replies.

"...Ben?" I ask.

"That's not my name!" He snaps.

"It's the name I gave you." I reply. "It's the name I know you by."

"Ben was weak - I killed him."

"He's still in there," I insist. "please come back. Let him come back."

Ben gives an evil smirk after a minute of thinking. "No, you're wrong, he's not."

"Kylo - what are you doing here?" Luke asks. Kylo. What type of name is that?

"You know exactly what I'm doing." He replies. "I'm here to burn this base to the ground. The very ground that so many 'hero' rebellion soldiers died at."

"Don't you dare talk about them." Cassian warns.

"Oh shut up." Kylo replies, rolling his eyes.

"You do realize there's nothing scary about him, right?" Poe questions. "If anything, he's just a giant teenager."

"Shhh," Lyra says, attempting to cover Poe's mouth.

"You realize that I do have the force, Dameron?" Kylo says, walking closer. "That I am Darth Vader's grandson? I am more powerful then you'll ever be."

"Darth Vader made mistakes." Luke says. "And the mistakes he made were paid for when he saved my life by defeating Palpatine."

"That wasn't Vader - that was Anakin." Kylo replies. "Anakin was like Ben, he was useless. He was too overcome by his emotions, and he got himself killed."

"How did you know we were here?" Finn asks, changing the subject.

"It was simple." Kylo states. "I saw where all the backup bases are. I have them memorized. I'm one step ahead of you. You have no idea what I'm capable of."

"It's you against three Jedi."

"No, it's me and Snoke against three Jedi." He corrects. "Snoke. Some would say he's more powerful then Darth Vader and Darth Sidious combined."

"Who says that?" Finn asks. "You?"

"You know what, you guys are really lucky, because I was the only who saw where the bases are." Kylo snaps.

"You're the only one who saw it?" Lyra asks.

"Yes."

"Meaning you're alone?" Poe asks.

"...yes?"

"Well, that sucks for you." C.J. says.

"What the heck are you talking abou-"

Suddenly he collapses onto the ground unconscious. Rose stands behind him, holding a blaster.

"Rosie!" I exclaim.

"What?" Rose asks, dropping the blaster next to him. "Oh, it's just on tase."

"Thank goodness." I sigh in relief. "Now, let's get him into a cell before he wakes up."

"Yeah,"

~

After about an hour and thirty seven minutes of waiting, Kylo finally starts to regain complete consciousness. He wakes up to see us standing in front of his cell, arms crossed.

"Where am I?"

"In our base." I state. "Welcome home."

"...that's our line." Cassian mutters.

"Shut up, papa," Lyra says quietly. "this is a serious part of the chapter."

"What do you mean 'in our base'? Where in your base?" Kylo asks. "You will answer me!"

"If you're trying to do a mind trick on us, it won't work." Rey replies. "We aren't weak minded like your stupid stormtroopers. No offense, Finn."

"No offense taken, Rey." Finn says.

"You guys get sidetracked easily." Kylo states.

"Shut up!"

"You know nothing!"

"And you're very sensitive apparently." Kylo says, sighing. "What do you need?"

"I need my son back." I say.

"We're having this conversation again? Really?" Kylo asks. "You need to let it go. Your son is gone. He'll never return."

"You may be saying this now, but you know what?" I ask. "You're wrong. My son is still in there. He'll come back.. one day. I know he will."

"Yeah, Ben, please come back to us." Poe pleads. "I miss my friend. I-I miss my brother."

"You guys are nothing to me anymore." Kylo sneers.

"You know what, Kylo, you can just ... I can't believe I used to think of you as my brother." Poe says. "You killed Han. You killed my hero. I don't care if I ever see you again."

Poe walks off.

"You know, call for me when you decide your Ben again." I say, storming off after Poe.

I refused to believe it at a time, but now, I'm starting to think my sweet son will never return.