Chapter Forty- Jyn.

I wait outside of Rey's bunk, hoping she'll answer the door.

The last couple of days, a rumor has been going around. Apparently Rey turned to the 'dark side' and tried killing Rose, Finn, and Luke. We didn't know if it was true or not.

Today it was confirmed when we heard about what Lyra said to her.

We talked to Lyra, and then talked to Luke.

I came up with the idea of me going and talking to her. So now I'm here, at Rey's bunk, waiting for her to answer.

"Rey!" I call. "Open up, I need to talk to you."

"Lyra I don't want to talk - especially to you!" Rey snaps.

"It's not Lyra." I inform.

Rey goes silent. And then the door opens.

"Oh, Mrs. Andor. You sound just like your daughter." She states. "Anyway, what do you want?"

"To talk to you."

"About what? I have to train."

"Training can wait - talking can not." I tell her, walking inside her bunk. "Wow, what happened in here?"

"Let's just say, never use the force when you're angry."

"Hm," I nod. "I'll make a note of that."

"What did you need?" She asks, this time in a lighter but sadder tone.

"I wanted to tell you a story." I state. "Sit down, it's long."

Rey nods, and sits on her bed, grabbing her doll. I sit beside her.

"So," I say. "a long, long time again, my mom was killed."

"I'm sorry." Rey says quietly. "That must've sucked."

"It did." I admit. "And what sucked more, was on that day, my dad left. Or - well, he didn't leave. He was took away."

"Why?"

"Well, let's just say he didn't work with the right people." I say. "Anyway, they took him to make a planet destroyer."

"The Death Star?"

"Yes," I nod. "the Death Star. The one your dad helped destroy."

"I thought that was a myth."

"You were myth-taken." I joke. "I'm kidding."

She grins.

"Anyway, I ended up raising myself." I sigh. "Then Cassian and his annoying droid came and broke me out of the imperial camp."

"Then Rogue One came to be and you got the plans to the Death Star." Rey finishes. "I heard of the story. Always thought it was fake, though. Even if it was it's still my favorite. Despite all the deaths."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's cool. Chirrut was my favorite." Rey admits. "No offense. So sad he actually died."

"Yeah, Cassian and I then got off the planet. Two years after knowing each other we got engaged. Then a year later we got married." I explain. "And then four years later Lyra was born."

"Aww, so sweet." Rey smiles. "I see why you're a lot of fangirls OTP."

"Hm?"

"Nothing."

"Now, our story has a lot more twist and turns to it." I say. "When Lyra was a toddler she went missing."

"WHAT?!"

"Wait - no, it's alright." I chuckle. "We were just on this small planet. She wandered off. We found her twenty three minutes later. She was fine."

"Oh," She says. "I was scared for a moment."

"Ha, I was, too." I laugh. "Honestly I thought we lost her. Scariest twenty three minutes of my life."

"So I understand your story." Rey admits. "I should talk to Luke, right?"

"Yes! That's exactly what you should do!"

"The difference between you and I are is your dad didn't have a choice." Rey says quietly. "Mine did."

"He was protecting you."

"He never returned."

"That sucks, I know, but I was told by someone before they'd return for me, they never did." I tell her. "I ended up finding them. Only they died moments later."

"Look," Rey sighs. "I've already forgiven him. But just cause you forgive doesn't mean you have to forget and trust. He left me. I wondered why my family didn't want me. Why wasn't I good enough for him? Why did he have to hurt me? Am I so worthless that he had to do something like that? I was young. I didn't have anyone who understood what I was going through."

"Rey, I understand you feel abandoned." I state. "But we all have to work together. You have to get past what he did and what my daughter said. At one point, we'll have to put everything behind us. I know I did. It was hard but I was able to talk to the people I love after they hurt me so badly."

"You're right I guess."

I smile. "Now how about you get out of this room and get some sunlight? You're starting to look like a vampire your so pale."

She chuckles. "Thanks, Mrs. Andor,"

"Call me Aunt Jyn." I correct. "That's what you used to call me."

"Aunt Jyn." She says trying it out. "Yeah, okay. Anyway, I have a book I want to finish. It has four more chapters, when it's over I swear I'll go outside."

"Yeah good."

"Bye, Aunt Jyn."

"Bye, Kyra-bear. I mean, Rey ... of sunshine." I smirk. "I'm sorry. I had to."

"Your puns are very ... punny."

"Overused."

"Yeah I thought so."