Chapter Sixty Nine- Leia.

"I'm sorry, General, but they still haven't contacted us." Kaydel Ko Connix informs, answering the question I had asked.

I sigh, nodding my head. "Well, alright. They're probably just lost signal or something. I'm sure they're fine." I state, trying to stay positive.

Gosh, I really can't lose anyone else in my life. If I'm wrong, and something actually happened...

Nope. Can't think like that.

"Do you need anything else done, General?" She asks.

"Uh, no." I say. "But thank you."

She nods, and walks away.

I suddenly hear a muffled voice coming from the comms. For a minute I think it's just my imagination, but when it gets louder I realize it isn't.

"Is someone there?"

I immediately realize who it is...

It's Luke.

"Luke?" I question. "It's Leia. I'm here. Is everything okay? Why didn't you contact us sooner?"

"Okay, okay." Luke says. "Leia, could you please get a medical team prepared in the hangar? We're almost back at the base."

"Yeah ... sure, why?" I ask. "Is something wrong?"

"Yes, but something is also right." He informs. "I don't know. I can't explain right now, but, Rey's hurt. She's unconscious. And she needs medical attention as soon as we land."

"Oh, okay." I reply, trying not to panic or ask anymore questions. "I can do that. Please tell her to hold on. Alright?"

"I will." Luke states. "I see Crait. I'll talk to you later."

The comms go out.

"Get a medical team prepared in the hangar immediately." I order, and then everyone rushes off to get everything prepared.

I sigh and close my eyes.

What did my son do now?

~

"What the heck is going on?"

I turn around to see Rose and Caden, standing behind me, concerned looks on their faces. Caden has some sort of medical tape on his nose, and Rose has just a few scratches on her face and arms.

How come literally everyone in their friend group is injured in some way?

"Rey's hurt." I inform, their eyes widen immediately. "Now, I don't know what happened, but Luke is almost here and Rey should hopefully be okay."

Just as I finish my sentence, a ship lands.

Luke and Finn help Rey out.

She's paler then usual, and seems to be in and out of consciousness. It takes a minute, but I soon realize she's missing her left arm.

Oh gosh, not her too.

The medical team is at their side immediately, placing her on a gurney and taking her to the infirmary. I sigh, watching as they rush her off.

I look back up at the ship, and unexpectedly, I see him.

Kylo Ren.

He walks out of the ship, only for the small amount of people nearby to raise their blasters, ready to shoot.

"No, no!" Luke exclaims, I look at him confused. "Don't shoot. He's safe."

They hesitantly drop their blasters, sharing worried glances.

I stare at him.

Something is different.

There's no longer that darkness that used to shadow him. Instead he seems ... free.

That darkness is gone now, and is replaced by light.

My son, he's back.

Ben slowly steps off the ship, and walks towards me, while I walk towards him.

Then we hug.

"Mom, I'm so sorry, I-I shouldn't have done that." Ben cries. "I should have stayed with you guys. I shouldn't have been weak enough to let the darkness win- I'm sorry."

"Shh, shh, don't cry." I say, sniffling. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you," he says, as we break apart. "I'm sorry I left."

"It's okay, it's okay," I assure. "Just don't ... don't ever do anything like that again. Okay? Never leave me."

"I-I won't." He states. "I'm so sorry, mom."

I don't reply, instead I hug him again.

For the first time in a long time, I have my son here with me.