Chapter 6 - Get away from me

Days had passed and Justin had been trying to get more and more in touch with me. Sometimes, he asked me to his office and would remind me of the rules but I didn't let him touch me. It frustrated him, I could see that.

He wasn't as violent as I once thought, I had been scared all this time that he would end up hurting me in the process of him reminding me of the rules. But when I pushed him off me, as we were standing there, he didn't do anything about it. He always let it happen. I think he cared a lot more than I thought from the start, not wanting to actually harass me. I think his only intentions were to scare me to make sure I knew who the boss was.

Well, I wasn't interested and I wasn't going to become that either. He would have to find another woman and to be honest, there were a lot of candidates in this office. Being here for a couple of days, I had heard the rumours. Women in this building want a taste of him and some would even go out of their way to get him to sleep with them. I understood them, in some ways, but I thought it was disgusting how he could get away with sleeping with girls that pretty much worked for him.

Or something. I still didn't know what exactly he was doing or what his position was. All that I knew was that he had some sort of power and he loved it. He clearly got a lot of attention from his coworkers.

Sighing, I was trying to figure out what else I could do with Mrs Lee's case. I had built up strong arguments that I knew would be convincing and I had added my own theory and accusations to heavily increase our chances of winning the case. Justin had given me a file with the name of my competitor. A middle-aged man (surprise) whose name sounded just as interesting as a pile of dog poop bags. I wasn't the slightest impressed and knowing that the judge was going to be a woman (thank the lord), I wasn't too worried about not being able to convince her.

She would be on my side, I had a positive gut feeling.

We weren't supposed to be in court until five more days so I had plenty of time to build up the case more intensively. I was planning on doing just that, although currently, I was quite stuck. I had no idea what else I could add. I felt pretty much done.

Suddenly a head popped around the corner of my half-open office door, "Jessie?"

"What do you want?" I groaned, having the daily interruption of Justin himself. He never seemed to leave my office, it was like he was hanging outside of it just waiting for a reason to be able to cut me off. I was trying to work but he rarely cared. "Can you never leave me alone?"

"I need to talk to you."

"No, thank you."

"It's about your case-"

"No, thank you."

"You're on the wrong track," He gave me a serious look and closed the door after he had stepped into my office without my allowance. I narrowed my eyes as I tried to shoot him a glare that told him to get out. I knew that he got my hint but I also knew that he completely ignored it. Instead, he decided to try and defend himself with more excuses, "I'm just trying to help."

"Well, I don't need your help," I scoffed, knowing exactly my case and how well I was performing my work, "I know what I'm doing."

"You're on the wrong track," Justin repeated his words as if I didn't hear him the first time.

"And how would you know that?"

"I can see what you write, remember? I have access to all of your files, whatever you write in our services, it gets sent to my laptop." The way he said it made me feel stupid. I already knew that he had access, he informed me that much earlier on but I had completely forgotten about it. Then again, I wasn't nervous about anything. I knew that I had done nothing wrong and his assumptions were simply wrong. There was no way I was on the wrong track. "I think you forgot to check the fourteenth law within the harassment at work category," I almost sensed a little smirk on his lips, him already feeling a way too early victory, "You can't use your argument against him on that. It has a peephole."