Chapter 8

After lunch,both of them got back to work.Like expected,the deal was signed and Annika's first official success party for Oberoi Industries was sealed.Annika was quiet hyped up about it and squealed in excitement when Shivaay informed her about it.

"Annika,it's nothing major.It'll be held in the headquarters itself,in the convention hall,all you have to take care is of the arrangements.",said Shivaay.

"O bete ki! Do we have a convention centre here?Like in this office itself?",asked Annika with excitement.

"Yes,Annika.In this headquarters,the top floor to be precise.Wanna take a look?",asked Shivaay.

Annika nodded the next instant,springing up from her seat.

They were in Annika's cabin.Just when they were about to leave,Aditya entered.

"Anni-...Oops!sorry sir,I didn't knew that you were here",said Aditya with an apologetic look.

"Hey,that's fine Aditya,we were just going to see the convention hall,wanna join?",Annika asked in a sweet tone,purposely.

"Well Annika,I'm sure he's busy,aren't you,Aditya?",Shivaay asked him with a don't-you-dare-deny look.

"But Shivaay",said Annika trying had to hide her smile.She knew what she was doing.

That was when Aditya spoke,"No Annika,you carry on,I thought you were free,but looks like you're not.",saying so,he left.

Before Annika could speak,Shivaay shushed her."Not a word more Annika,I know exactly what you're tryna do.Don't push my buttons.....and stop pouting."

Annika just giggled.

"But you are getting affected,aren't you?",asked Annika batting her eyelashes.

Annika silently giggled as she watched Shivaay open and close his mouth,with no answer.

"Shri shri shri ek hazaar aat,kanji aankhon waala baggad billa Maharaj is speechless,this day should be written in the history,infact I think,I should inform Ru-"

Shivaay pulled her closer by her waist in a swift move,not letting her complete.He came dangerously close to her before speaking in a husky tone in her ear,"Really babe,you think I'm affected by that Mr.Whatsoever his name is?".

A shiver ran through her entire body,a sudden foreign feeling rushed through her.She felt like her entire body stopped working.

"What happened Annika,why did you fall quiet all of a sudden,no come back?",Shivaay chuckled as he backed off.

"Hmmm???Shii-va-aay",annika stuttered.

"Why are you fumbling Annika,what happened?",Shivaay asked with a mischievous grin,as if nothing really happened.

He didn't knew why,but a sudden feeling of euphoria passed through him,he was glad.Glad about the fact that he had this kind of effect on her.

Annika collected herself before speaking,"I really don't know what you're talking about.Me and fumble?".She gave a fake laugh."Don't you wanna show me the convention centre?Or should I take Aditya's help?",Annika asked hoping that she would hit the bull's eye.

"Like hell you're going to!",Shivaay retorted."Come,let's go."

Annika silently relented,saving herself from any more embarrassment.

▪▪▪

"Wow!this place is amaziiing,Shivaay.",Annika exclaimed."Like khidkitod khoobsurat!"

Shivaay watched in silence as Annika took a complete view of the place

Shivaay watched in silence as Annika took a complete view of the place.She was already jotting down about the decoration and preparation.Shivaay just stood there,watching her.

Finally,Annika's first day in office came to an end.Shivaay dropped her home after the hectic day.Annika was about to get out of the car,that was when Shivaay spoke out loud,something he was planning to say throughout the ride.

"Annika,....

*Drumroll!* Don't kill me for stopping here people! ;)
Do let me know about the chapter.
sreelakshminaks was this possessive enough?! :)
And also,sorry for not updating yesterday,I had a test to prepare for!
Lots of love!❤