Chapter 21

Once again,a huge thank you to our khidkitod Amyra ( ImLilMissComplicated) for the banner!

Three days later,Annika was currently in a coffee shop with Mallika,whose happiness knew no bound.

"I can't even start with how happy I am!Thank you so so much Annika,this means a lot to me!",beamed Mallika.

Annika simply smiled sipping her lattè.

"You sure Shivaay won't mind,you working for us?I mean,you're working for Oberoi Industries at the moment,right?",enquired Mallika.

"Yeah,but that's alright!Shivaay is fine with it,Infact he told me that he's looking forward to this event.",said Annika with a smile,the one that appears whenever the topic of discussion is Shivaay.

Mallika spoke in an impressed manner,"Kya baat hai Annika!From Bhaggad Billa to Shivaay huh!What's cookin' good lookin'?"

Before Annika could reply,Shivaay arrived.Looking dashing in a three piece suit paired with vintage shades.Mallika gave him a warm hug which he happily reciprocated.

"Hey Mallika!Long time ya,how are you?",saying so,he sat beside Annika.

"So far,so good!Glad to know that you remember my existence",said Mallika while Shivaay mumbled a 'whatever'.

"Achha,so Annika where did we stop?",asked Mallika eyeing Shivaay.

"Mallika,we've got a lot of arrangements to do,can we focus on that for now?",said Annika.

"Did I miss something?",asked Shivaay looking up from his phone for a moment.

"We were just talking about you both,but looks like she's not ready to spill the beans yet.So,why don't you tell me?",asked Mallika crossing her arm over the table.

Shivaay gave Annika a questioning look before smiling a bit,while Mallika gave them a confused look.

"Well,what do you think Mallika?",asked Shivaay placing his hand over Annika's.

Mallika choked on her Mocha before speaking in a high-piched voice,"Oh.My.God!Don't tell me!You two?together?",Mallika gasped dramatically."I am so happy for you too!This is the best thing I've heard in ages.Come here you too.",saying so she engulfed each of them in a tight hug.

"Alright,that was quite dramatic",Shivaay chuckled while Annika smiled.

"You both did not even have the courtesy to tell me?",complained Mallika.

"Well,I thought Rudra posted some stupid picture or something on his instagram,didn't you see that,Miss.Social butterfly?",mocked Shivaay.

"Well,first of all,it was a simple OBro picture with a quote from the movie Serendipity,little did I know that he was talking about you and Annika.",stated Mallika.

"But I thought,it was-",Shivaay was interupted by Annika this time.

"I told him not to,I thought you were not ready to address me as your girlfriend to the world,also,I don't want any unwanted attention,I'm sorry Shivaay".

Just then,Mallika's phone rang.She excused herself giving them some space.

As soon as Mallika was out of sight,Shivaay spoke."What makes you think that?You know what,I've never been so sure about anything else in my entire life.Infact,I want the world to know that you're mine!And about getting attention,let me tell you;nothing's not gonna change,you'll always be my khidkitod independent Annika.I promise!"