Chapter 17

"Yes Mallika,I'll let you know about my decision,okay bye",said Annika before hanging up the call.

Annika had a dazzling smile on her face.She couldn't wait to share the news with Shivaay.She felt great about the fact that she had someone to share her happiness with.Not that she didn't share 'em with Saahil,but this time,it was different.She could only share happiness with her baby brother,she wouldn't dare to tell him about her worries,that's how she was.He was too young to understand all those hardship and life,to be precise.Or so she thought!

Annika stepped out of her cabin in search of Mishra.She didn't want to interupt Shivaay,if at all he was busy.Hence decided to confirm that first.Shivaay was apparently in a 'very important' meeting,according to his young manager.But he also added that,Shivaay made it very clear that he wouldn't mind being interrupted by her.

"Oh no!That's fine.I'll wait.Thanks MishraJi",said Annika with a polite smile.

Mishra nodded before continuing his paper work.Annika looked around,smiling.These simple gestures of Shivaay always reminded her how lucky she is,to have him in her life.Even though the idea of Shivaay walking out of a meeting did not sit well,but the mere thought of him doing it just for her,did something to her heart.Annika shook her head at her silly thoughts.

Annika was not really in a mood to resume her work and was too lazy to walk all the way to Aditya's department to meet him.That's when she realised that she's hardly made any friends here.The fact that she would always be around Shivaay during lunch didn't help it.She didn't want them to think of her as a 'bossy girl who walks with their boss every morning and is stuck to him like a gum,not caring to make interactions with others,like she heard two girls talking the other day.Not that she cared about their opinion about her,but she really likes interacting with new people,making new friends.

Annika decided that it was the perfect time to do so.She started walking towards the receptionist,she vaguely remembered talking to her once.As soon as the receptionist saw Annika approaching her,she stood up from her seat. A formal smile on her face,which would have taken lot of practice to perfect.

"Is there anything I can help you with,Ma'am",asked the receptionist in a very sweet tone.

"Uh-huh no,please call me Annika.Well,are you busy right now?",asked Annika in her typical chirpy tone.

Just like that,their conversation started...

---

Shivaay was done with his meeting by the time it was lunch time.For a change,he decided to go out and have lunch with Annika.He called Mishra and asked him to do the needful.After all,Shivaay's a man with impeccable manners.He wanted it to be flawless,even though it was just a lunch.

Shivaay was surprised to find her cabin empty.Thinking that she must be with Aditya,Shivaay walked out of the cabin.He could hear loud guffaws from across the room.That's when he spotted Annika,standing with a group of his employees,talking and laughing at times,waving her hands at nothing in particular.His heart gave a leap at the sight.It really warmed his heart to see her like that,it looked like she know them since ages.That's how she's around people,chirpy and so full of positive vibes.

Shivaay cleared his throat intentionally to grab attention.All of them turned around to face him.The entire floor went very still.All of their smiles faded a little,of course,except Annika's.

"Hey,Shivaay!",said Annika breaking the silence.

"What's happening here,Annika?Did I interrupt something?"

"Oh!They didn't knew what michmichi means,so I was just explaining that.",said Annika casually.

"Okay!That sounds like a very interesting topic.",said Shivaay sarcastically.

Annika rolled her eyes at that and walked towards him and whispered soflty,so that only Shivaay could hear her."Stop behaving like a baggad billa in front of my friends,Shivaay."

"Your WHAT?",Shivaay half screamed."Annika,you don't even know them,God!I myslef don't know their names.",said Shivaay in a hushed tone.

"Well,that's YOUR problem Mr.Baggad Billa.I know their names.",said Annika haughtily.

Shivaay let out a huge sigh."Okay fine,let's not argue here,let's go.",said Shivaay grabbing her hand.

Annika raised her eyebrow."where?"

Shivaay forced a smile before replying,"please?"

"Did you just say 'please'?Oh my God!Mr.Shivaay Singh Oberoi used the word 'please'.I can't believe it,wait.Am I dreaming?",said Annika dramatically.Thank God,the employees couldn't hear them.

Shivaay narrowed his eyes and Annika just chuckled."Fine,let's go.",said Annika.

I know the chapter is veryyy short,but can't help it guys.I'm just so busy nowadays and many of you all were waiting for an update.So just wrote this in a hurry.And hence,I didn't want to include their revelation to the Oberois in this.
Really really sorry.I'll include it in the next one.

IMPORTANT:-
I know I've already mentioned Ishana and Soumya in this book long back.But,since they are not playing their respective role anymore in the show,do you all want Gauri and Bhavya to take their place here too?Do let me know guys!I'll make changes accordingly.

(well guys,did I not mention that Mishra is our very own 'cute' MishraJi,the one we had in our show during Shivika's first divorce😉)

Do let me know if you all are enjoying the story so far!
Lots of love!❤
Pardon the typos and grammatical errors!