Chapter 13

The first thing Annika witnessed when she checked her phone early in the morning was Shivaay's 'Good Morning' text.
A very genuine smile formed on her face seeing that.She was happy,not because he was being boyfriend-ish,but beacause she knew that she's the first and probably the only person to have ever received a 'good morning' text from Shivaay.

She reminisced the time when Mallika (for all those who don't know who Mallika is,she is Shivaay's Ex) told them that Shivaay would never reply to any such texts,he didn't even care about them.And here,he was texting her.This is really a new version of Shivaay,her billuji.

Annika texted back with a huge grin on her face.

As soon as Saahil left for school,Annika's phone rang.It was Shivaay.

"Hey billiuji!",Annika answered the call in a high pitched voice.

"Annika puttar,it's me,not billu."It was Dadi on the other end,not Shivaay.

"Oh,sorry Dadi,I thought it was Shivaay,errmm billuji.",said Annika biting her tongue.

"It's ok puttar,I have asked billu to give you a day off ,Tej and Shakti told me yesterday's event was a successful one.I've called to ask if you can come here.It's been so long since the last time I met you.",said Dadi.

"Oh!Of course Dadi!Your wish is my command!I'll be there in an hour then!",Annika squealed in happiness.

She could hear a faint voice from the other end,she instantly recognized it to be Shivaay's.She couldn't hear him properly,but she heard something like 'pick her up'.

"Puutar,do you want billu to pick you up?",asked Dadi.

Annika instantly replied in negative."No!Dadi,I'll manage".Not giving enough time for that baggad billa pursue Dadi,she declined the call before mumbling a quick 'bye'.

---

Annika entered Oberoi Mansion with a chirpy smile.As soon as she entered the hall,she was embraced in a hug by Dadi and OmRu.

"Didi!It was Valentine's Day yesterday,you didn't even wish me,also,your phone was unavailable when I called to wish you.",whined Rudra.

"I forgot Rudy!Actually,I was quite busy as well yesterday",Annika tried hard not to think about what she was actually 'busy' in.

"Oho didi!!!Busy ha!Valentine's date?",ask Rudra playfully.

Annika blushed furiously at that statement.But it went unnoticed by Dadi and OmRu.She thanked her stars when Om answered that for her.

"Really Rudra?you think Annika's got time for all these stuff?",asked Om in disbelief.

Annika just looked on for a while before blushing a bit reminiscing yesterday's date and her conversation with Shivaay.
She was brought back from her reverie when Dadi spoke.

"Valentine's Day is the last thing Annika would think of,Rudra,unlike you.",said Dadi.
If only Dadi knew!

"Annika didi,you're so boring.Just like Shivaay bhaiyya!You know Didi?Shivaay bhaiyya have NEVER celebrated Valentine's Day,like ever.How unromantic is that?Even when he had those hot girlfriends.He's so boring,I tell you",said Rudra sulking.
Oh Rudra!Poor boy!You definitely don't know how romantic he is!

"Rudra!",said dadi in a stern voice."Ok, you guys carry on!I'll join you guys later,I've got some phone calls to make.",saying so,Dadi left.

"Om?How did your date with Ishana go?",asked Annika trying to divert the topic.

"It was good Annika,infact she even opened up about her problems yesterday,we are getting to know each other better",said Om.

"Good to know that,Om!",saying so she patted his back,while he smiled politely.

"Didi,won't you ask about me?",asked Rudra in a cute way.

"Go ahead,spill the beans,Rudy.",Annika further encouraged an overly excited Rudra.

"Well,I started my day with Annie,then Mia,then Tessa,no no,Meera,then Tessa,though I didn't have a proper date with any of them.I really wanted to take this new hot chic Vinisha(😉) for a date,but that stupid Jamie (50sog?😂) whisked her away before me!",said Rudra.

Om and Annika watched with astonished face."Rudy!You need to stop this,you need a 'real' one in your life!It's high time!",said Annika.

"Whom are you even talking to Annika?",said Om.

"Oh Shut Up,Om!Let me enjoy my college life!I even had a oneliner ready for Vinisha,you know that?",said Rudra.

"And what is that,pray tell?",said Annika.

"Well!",Rudra cleared his throat."It goes like this Annika didi,'are you the litmus to my solution?coz every time I see you,I turn red!",saying so,he clapped.

Annika gave a thumbs up to Rudra,while Om shook his head in amusement.These two!

All three of them got engrossed in their talks,but Annika's eyes longed to meet him.She was distracted and Om could see that."Are you ok,Annika?",asked Om worried.

"Yeah,I'm completely fine,mujhe kya hoga?,I was just wondering where Soumya and Priyanka are!",Annika lied blatantly.

"Only Soumya and Prinku?",asked Rudy.

"Yeah,yeah!Who else?",said Annika,her voice low and flat.

"I thought you were looking for a certain cat!",said Rudra grinning.

Om chuckled at that,while Annika shook her head profusely.

"Prinku is gone to college and Soumya is in her room,I think.I forgot to inform her that you are coming.",said Om.

"She's probably dancing to some K-Pop song,by that band,what was it,yeah,BTS!She's obsessed didi!",said Rudra.

"Hey,she's a total fangirl,you can't blame her,they are pretty good I think.My friend Reni likes them as well!",said Annika.

"Ok!Fine!Guys relax!Let's not start a fandom war here.",said Om being the mediator that he is.

That was when a servant interrupted them,"Ma'am,Shivaay sir is calling you,he's in his home office,now.",saying so,he went.

"Billuji is here?Oh,I didn't know that!",said Annika like she didn't expect him to be here.

"Yeah,he was about to go to office,but then all of a sudden he decided to work from home.Leave that,why is he calling you?what did you do this time?",Om enquired.

"I don't know!",said Annika with no emotion,even though there was a turmoil inside her because of the sudden call by Shivaay.

"It's ok,Annika didi,don't worry,he won't eat you up.",said Rudra.
He may Rudy,but not like the way you think.

Annika sighed before ascending the stairs."What is he upto now?",annika mumbled.

Suddenly,she felt a tug on her wrist,a strong grip.She was abruptly pushed inside a room and felt herself being pushed against the door.His room.Him.

Important (Do read!!!)
Hey guys!Hope you all are enjoying the story so far.I didn't want to give a separate note,hence I'm writing this here.I have some really important exams coming up in few days.So I won't be updating till my last paper.i.e.19th March.I promise I will update daily after that!I'm really sorry,but I can't update because I really have to give my full concentration to studies!So,I'm off wattpad after tomorrow,till 19th March!

I'll continue giving daily updates from 19th March onwards Pinky Promise :-)

Till then,bye!
Do let me know about the chappy!❤
Lots of love!