Chapter 19💕

An excited Shivaay and a nervous Annika entered Oberoi Mansion.Just before entering the hall,Shivaay took her hand in his and gave her an assuring nod.Shivaay was stunned to find her hand cold,she was nervous to that extend.Yet,it was a beautiful moment.Annika gave him a nervous look to which he gave her an adorable smile before blinking once,like giving an assurance.They walked hand in hand towards 'their' family who were gathered in the hall as per Shivaay's request.Annika could hear her heartbeat pounding with every step she took.Never in her wildest dreams did she think that there'll be a day like this.Rudra was the first one to notice them.

"Speak of the devil.There he is.Oh!Annika didi is here as well.",said Rudy in his usual jovial tone.

Shivaay gave him a glare.Rudra nudged Om,whispering something to him,who in turn muttered something to Dadi.All three of them exchanged knowing glances.

Shivaay cleared his throat before speaking,"Well,guys,there's something we've been wanting to tell yo-",before Shivaay could complete his sentence,Rudra interupted.

"Usse pehle Annika di ki haath toh chodiye bhaiyya!",Rudra grinned mischievously.That was when all of their eyes shifted to their hands.But unlike Rudra expected them to react,both of them didn't even make the slightest of efforts to do so.It only resulted in Shivaay tightening the grip.That was enough for Om to understand what's about to happen,his face broke into a genuine smile.Although he was waiting for this day to arrive,he didn't expect it to happen this soon.

"Alright!Can I speak now?",asked Shivaay eyeing Rudra.Who in return,gave him a slight nod.All of them except Om gave him a curious look,which made Shivaay a bit uncomfortable.

"Guys,stop looking at us like that!",complained Shivaay.

Annika let out a small chuckle at that.

Shivaay turned towards Annika with knitted brows."Here,I'm trying to do something for both of us and you think this is funny?",scowled Shivaay.

"What?what's wrong with you?instead of doing what you're supposed to,you're bawling.",rebuked Annika.

"Alright,let's not start a fight now,this is clearly not the time,we'll continue this later.",stated Shivaay to which Annika nodded,both of them oblivious to the family observing them with utmost admiration.

"Alright guys,you all know I don't beat around the bush,so I'll get to it straight.The thing is,me and Annika,I mean Annika and me,are kinda,you know..",said Shivaay scraching the back of his neck,confusing his family.

"Oh My Maata Shivaay,tu completes toh kar,aise kaise humè samaj mein aayega?",said Pinky in a confused tone.

Shivaay sighed."Ok fine,I'll make it clear,but please don't interrupt until I finish.",he took a huge breath before speaking again.

"So,you guys always wanted this to happen and I think there was always this teeny tiny part of me as well.I don't know from where to start,I really don't.It was always about you guys,for me nothing mattered more than you people,infact,it's still the same.But I think there's an addition to it.I'll just be straight away honest.My life has never been the same since I met Annika.One way or another,she had this impact in my life like she have taken hold of me.I didn't realise I was developing feelings for her in between those banters and petty fights.This may sound cheesy to you people,but I think that's how life works.She makes me wanna become a better person,I can't even start with the humongous change she have brought in to my life and me.Accepted me the way I am without keeping any conditions and with this never ending sea of tolerance in her,which tolerates me even when I get so difficult.I felt like the happiest man alive when she told me that she feels the same.And so,we've decided to explore what it is,to give 'us' a chance.",said Shivaay turning towards Annika with complete honesty in his eyes.

Annika didn't realise that she was crying until a teardrop rolled by her cheek.She never expected Shivaay to open up like this in front of his family.Shivaay simply wiped her tears with the pad of his thumb and cupped her face,"I don't like it when you cry,Annika.Don't."Annika simply smiled at that.

A moment's silence was followed by whoops of delight,both of them turned towards their family to witness various expressions.Rudra was the first once to speak,"O!pinch me.Take me out of this beautiful dream."

"Shut Up,Rudra",said Om.

The very next moment Pinky took Annika in her embrace,taking her by surprise.Annika gave Shivaay a shocked look before reciprocating the hug.

Janhvi and Dadi looked at the duo in admiration.While Shakti and Tej exchanged knowing looks.

"You know what Rudy,I thought this was really happening,but now I'm sure that I'm dreaming.",said Om with a chuckle.

Pulling out of the hug,Pinky turned towards Om and shot daggers at him,if looks could kill,then he would be dead by now."What do you mean huh?You think I'm some evil creature who can't see through her son's happiness?such bolu toh mujhe bhi yeh dono saath main perfects
lagte hai",said Pinky.The hall was filled with guffaws of laughter after that particular statement,Annika blushed a bit at that.

"You're blushing,Annika",said Shivaay in a hushed tone so that only Annika could hear.

Before Annika could oppose,Dadi cleared her throat and blessed them both."May God bless you both,stay like this,always.",saying so,she placed a kiss on Annika's forehead.Annika tired her best to fight back her tears which threatened to flow any moment.Both of them settled on the couch along with the family.All of them were busy expressing how happy they are,that was when Rudra yelled in a dramatic way,"Oh My Maata!That means my ship is sailing!My Shivika",saying so he hugged Om.All of them gave him a confused look."Offo guys!When you like two people together,you ship them!And when they end up together,you say your 'ship is sailing'!And Shivika is bhaiyya and bhabhi's ship name,My God!Now quit giving me those looks.",said Rudra merrily.

"Bhabhi?!!",shouted Annika and Shivaay in unison.
"That's what you call your brother's lady",said Janhvi in teasing tone.Tej chuckled and added an 'abosolutely' to that.

Shivaay and Annika blushed at that,resulting the entire family to tease them.

"But seriously Annika,I can't believe you fell for this obdurate brother of mine",said Om.

Annika gave him a laugh at that.

"Honestly speaking Om,me neither.",said Annika high fiving Rudra.

"Woah!I'm right here,in case you guys forgot",said Shivaay waving his hand.

"Thank you for giving me this family,for everything.This means the world to me",said Annika to Shivaay once the family got engrossed in their own talks.

"Well,babe,you can thank me later.I believe that action speaks louder than words,you know",said Shivaay winking.

Annika blushed at that mumbling a cheapde.It was like the world fell away, drained of all color but them,laughing and teasing each other.

***

A big thanks to all those people who've voted and helped this book get nominated in Ishqbaaaz awards(Best ff) conducted by Annie_nick and @Shabana__
Feel free to comment(+1)against 'MINE' in the above said category.It's alright if you guys don't!I love you all,no matter what!

Btw how was the update peeps?!I know it was kinda boring,but honestly speaking,I didn't know what else to write.

More Shivika scenes coming up guys!Also,I'm planning to end this book soon! :)