Chapter 26

Shivaay's POV:

"What is this,Shivaay?"asks Annika,rooted to her place in front of the monitor,reading the article.The glow of happiness,which was evident on her alluring face few moments ago no longer visible."I am so gonna sue that columnist!",I thought to myself.

I couldn't quite decipher the look on her face.It felt more like she didn't want me to see it.Maybe I'm just over thinking it,but I can't help it.I know she's strong and all.But I've seen how I turned into her weakness,that's not what I want!I wanna be her strength,NOT weakness!She's still the tadibaaz girl with that khidkitod attitude whenever a problem arises,but it somehow vanishes when it comes to me or our relationship.She falls weak,like she's scared to face it,to loose whatever we share.

I ran a hand through my hair before speaking,"Annika,It's nothing.It's sorted,you don't have to worry about it.Like I told you before,we'll always be the way we are,no matter what the world thinks."
She opened her mouth to speak,but I bet her to that.I HAVE to give her assurance,it is my duty!I can't let her fall weak.

"No Annika!Let me speak!I'm sorry!It's all because of me.I know this article may have affected you,but I don't want it to.Babe,I want our relationship to be your strength,I want you to know that we'll be together forever.Duniya idar ki udar hojaaye,par Annika aur Shivaay hamesha saath rahenge.HAMESHA!",These words just came out of my mouth,but it did something to my heart.A strange,foreign feeling surfaced at the thought of us being together forever.Oh!I'm so ready to grow old with her.

"Annika,I want you to stay by my side forever.Now tell me,what more promises and assurance do you nee-",but before I could complete my sentence she locked her lips with mine,pulling me by the lapel of my blazer.It was a deep,passionate kiss.She kissed me like never before,pulling me as close as possible with her fingers running softly through my hair.That was when I felt a tear droplet on my face.She was crying!I immediately tried pulling out,but she was quick to pull me back.My strong,fierce girl!

After a while,she pulled out with a huge smile on her face.Her hands,now placed on my shoulder."You were crying",I stated, tracing dry tear stains on her cheek with the tip of my index finger and wrapped my free hand around her petite waist.

"Khushi ke aansoo",she simply said before cupping my face."And what makes you think that I was sad reading that,huh?Baghad Billa,you didn't even let me speak and then you started saying such emotional things after that.Bande ko pehle sochna chahiye,puchna chahiye!Lekin nahin!Aap toh SSO ho!Aapko toh sab pata hota hai!You made your own theories and conclusions.I'm not that weak OK?I'm mature enough to chuck such petty,trivial things!I mean,you seriously thought that your khidkitod Annika would be affected by this?I can't believe it!And yes,you're not my weakness billuji,you're my strength.My tadibaaz baggad billa!",saying so she took me in a bone crushing hug.

"You messed up my perfectly styled hair.",I whined like a five year old after pulling out of the hug.She arched an eyebrow before speaking,"Alright then!If your 'perfectly styled hair' is that dear to you,then henceforth,I won't do any such thing which involves me messing 'em!Happy?".

"Very....Wait!What?No!",I half screamed.

"God Shivaay,don't shout.",she said with an irritated look.

"Really?Look who's talking.And I did not shout,okay?",I stated haughtily.Ok,maybe I did shout a bit,a bit.But I'm not gonna admit that.I mean,how can I admit something pointed out by Annika.

"You did shout and you know that.Anyway,tell me one thing,you were acting all weird sometime ago because of this?",saying so she started walking towards the couch and settled down,while I followed her like a lost puppy and sat beside her.

I acted innocent before shrugging."I don't know what you're talking about!",I stated,to which she rolled her eyes and muttered a 'whatever!'.

"But babe,I still can't believe that they managed to get our pictures like that.I mean,I do look hot in those pictures,but then too,you know!",I said,winking.

"You're impossible,Shivaay!I've never come across someone as self-centered and haughty as you!"

I simply laughed at that.The way she said it with all the dramatic expressions and tone just added to it.She's such a drama queen,I tell ya!

"By the way,when is your Rana event?"

"Next month!I can't even tell you how excited I am!We've kinda finalised the theme and all,also the Ranas are really sweet people,especially Mrs.Rana.She's such a kind and loving woman, Shivaay."

"Hmm.But she's the same woman who once stopped Mallika from working.She looked like a narrow minded woman to me back then",I say taking her hand in mine,intertwining our fingers.

"She's not the same lady anymore.People change Shivaay!And she's changed for good now.The biggest example of change is sitting right in front of my eyes,just look at you.You're not the same,heartless jerk anymore.You've come a long way."

"Fhat the Wuck!Did you just call me a jerk?",I raised an eyebrow at that.

She withdrew her hand abruptly and spoke in an irritated tone."Is that all you heard?You know what,I was wrong!You're still the obnoxious,snappish baggad billa!",saying so,she walked towards her cabin,locking the door behind her!

***
I hope you all are awake?I know this was the most boring chapter of this book!And I'm extremely sorry for that!I'm just so busy these days! :(

Please don't hesitate to point out gramatical errors and typos! *cough* Vin *cough* ;)

Lots of love!