Blood prince

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην my sister

   chapter one

Sam smiled and placed the book he was holding on his lap and glanced over at his so called new friend, she was a young vampire girl near his age, possibly a few years older but that didn't stop him from blushing every time she said his name like any teenager who never experienced love or heartbreak.

He blinked his red eyes at the light coming through the window before turning his attention back to the conversation.

They were discussing the new book they decided to read, she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear before saying "well I thought it was quite nice except for the fact that it was awfully scary, don't you think so Sam?"

He shook his head perhaps as a failed attempt to clear his head from childish crush he had on the girl "I enjoyed it, especially the scary parts" he replied running his thumb on the cover of the book.

Before they had the chance to continue their conversation they were interrupted by shouting coming from the main hall.

As always Sam couldn't stop being his curious self and cracked the door open to listen to the now very heated argument his parents were having before a silky smooth hand touched his bare one "we really shouldn't "she said pointing to the fact that she hated eavesdropping on people ,especially the King and Queen in this situation.

This was not the first time Sam had witnessed his parents fight nor the first time they mentioned the words murder and revenge, he didn't like thinking about the rising number of guards he was forced to walk around with whenever he had the rare chance of staying out of those wooden palace doors.

He closed the door and let out a breath did not know he was holding, maybe this hopeless romance was getting to him or maybe the real reason behind him growing more worried each day was the constant subject of a broken pact.

The pact that was supposed to solve everyone's problems

Peace

Such a simple word yet such a complex concept

Perhaps they weren't meant to have it, after all his family was blamed for so many things going wrong wither it was really their fault or not, people saw them, him as a monster and Sam couldn't think of anything he could do to change that.

- Five years ago-

"Sign here "the vampire King said to both werewolf and human Kings while pointing to a doted corner on the agreement paper, finally the longest war of that era and the biggest one was over even though the witches and other creatures did not agree on signing, they only had few numbers across the continent, after all humans, vampires and werewolves all thought their own kingdom and people were the strongest, that was what originally led them into this endless war.

King James smiled even though he knew his teeth often scared humans, he couldn't change his smile nor remove his sharp teeth, he shook their hands and gave them each a copy of the truce.

"Let the festivities begin!" He shouted as trays of delicious goods poured into the big room, a fair amount of dancers gracefully made their way into the hall as music started playing softly and everyone clapped pleased by how far the three species have gotten in living in peace.

He watched from across the room a young boy who caught his attention, a human boy to be exact.

The prince reminded him of a certain someone he once knew a long time ago, a woman.

Her

Scarlet, my dear Scarlet

"Sweetheart? Did you hear what I said?" he looked up to his wife and shook the memories from his head "forgive me Wendy", but he meant forgive me Scarlet.

comment and vote please

Check out my other story the demon inside ,its dark in there ;)

http://jennysomething25.wix.com/jenny-something