Chapter 25

"You never trust me!" 

"Never trust you? Never trust you my a**. You were the only person that I have ever trusted quickly. To this day I still don’t know why I told you about my mother or my brother so fast., so don’t you dare tell me anything about I don’t trust you." Which was true. Within the first day of me knowing this man, he dropped me to my house. Within a week, he had paid for my medical bill and I had slept over his house. Within two weeks, he had spent an entire week in the hospital with me. Within 3 weeks, I was dating my teacher. Within a month, I was pregnant with his babies. And you can sit here and tell me I don’t trust this man? I trust him with everything I have plus more.

"Baby girl,-"

"No, don’t even call me that right now. And don’t worry about me, I will find my own way home tonight."  I saw the hurt when I told him not to call me baby girl. It was his nickname for me. The nickname that he overused but never got old because I love hearing him say it.

"Stop acting like a stubborn b*tch." I saw his eyes widen as the words came out his mouth. He regretted it and I knew that. I was too pissed off to really care. In my eyes, he was wrong and I was right.

"F*ck you."

***

That right there was the stupid argument I had with Danny. The argument that caused him not to come home last night. The argument I caused. The argument I know hurt his feelings because I basically told him that I don’t trust him and not to call me the nickname he has for me.

I sighed and rolled out of bed. I would've done it literally but there was no way I’m about to risk hitting my stomach on the floor. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror to wash my face. I looked bad. My usually silky smooth hair was knotted and wild from tossing and turning. My usually pristine ivory skin was red and blotched. My big brown eyes were dull and red rimmed. I honestly needed Danny and I was being stupid to kick him out over nothing. 

Yes, I call it nothing. Basically I started an argument with him. We were sitting at dinner. The restaurant was fancy. The jazz musician playing on the stage, the dimmed lights, the nicely spaced table, the vast menu. Everything was really expensive, but really romantic. It was perfect and then the waitress came. Of course she came with half her chest falling out and of course tonight was just the nights that I felt like an irritable b*tch. Danny ordered for us and smiled sweetly at the waitress. Me being in the mood I am, accused Danny of checking her out, then subtly told him I don’t trust him, which is a lie, and then cussed him out for telling me what I was acting like. And I ditched him!

I sighed just thinking about how stupid I had been to Danny. I heard the front door close lightly. I wouldn’t usually hear it but the house is completely silent. I felt like being in silence to wallow in self pity.

I slid into the hallway and waited by the stairs. Danny came into view but he was trying to take off his bowtie and hadn’t looked up yet. He stepped up on the first step then looked up and froze. For a good minute, I stared at Danny until he talked. "Hi."

"Hey." such simple starts to a conversation. "Look Danny, I was being stupid and trying to pick a fight. I’m sorry, please forgive me." I started walking down the stairs as Danny walked up. We met half way and I was enveloped in a hug. 

"I’m so sorry, Erica. I said things shouldn’t have. Things I didn’t mean." It sort of hurt that he still felt he couldn't call me baby girl. Was it because he was still mad at me? 

"Danny, I don’t want to hear you use my first name. I want you to use that nickname for me that you overuse. The nickname I love when you call me. I want you to overuse the nickname. Please." I'd noticed how we weren’t on the stairs anymore but were actually sitting in our bedroom. I was being cradled in Danny's lap as I requested my nickname again. The nickname Danny really did use a lot. I mean every chance he got, that name came out of his mouth. Sure, he had Ari but I think that was more for school sake. He wanted to call me baby girl and I wouldn’t tire from it whether he called me it once or for the millionth time.