Chapter 44

Daniels POV:

She lived. Thank god by baby girl lived. Right now she was in a medically induced coma. Her body went through extreme trauma and the doctors thought it would be best if she was asleep for a little bit. 

A little bit is actually 3 days.

Today is the day that Erica wakes up. I woke up to hear crying from Naomi and James. They were very much like twins. When one cried, the other cried. When one smiled, the other smiled and it was adorable. I picked up my kids and was bouncing them in my arms as I fed them the milk.

"They are so beautiful." I looked at erica then back at my kids before I did a double take to Erica.

"Erica? You are awake. Oh thank god you are awake!" I felt the tears in my eyes but I didnt care. I slowly handed James to Erica and she kissed his forehead and started crying. I got in the bed with her and she slowly rocked James until he was asleep. Naomi saw James fall asleep and she slowly closed her eyes. I kept my eyes on Naomi as she drifted off into sleep then looked at Erica. "I missed you baby."

"I missed you too. I thought I wouldnt live. I thought I would never see my babies." Her voice broke as she she finished and I kissed her forehead.

"You're alive. You see them, but I need you to promise me something."

"Okay Danny boy." It broke my heart everytime I heard her voice croak. It reminded me of how weak she still was.

"I want you to promise me that you wont leave me again."

"I promise."

***

Erica's POV:

 I was going back to school today and we were going to have our meeting with the principle first then we have a meeting with school board. well there was no point in hiding it anymore. I took a shower and went back into our room where Danny was sleeping. He hadnt gotten that much sleep when I was in the hospital so I was letting him sleep now.

"Danny, we got to get ready for school."

"But I dont want to." Danny whined. I laughed and kissed his forehead.  

"I know you dont want to but you got to." He sighed and walked to the bathroom. I watched his perfect butt the whole time and then left to go check on the kids. They were suprisingly still sleeping, so I changed their clothes and put them in their car seats. I carried them back into our room and got dressed. I put on a summer dress. Because of the emergency c-section, tighter clothes were still uncomfortable. 

Danny got dressed and we headed to the school together. I got out of the car and grabbed Naomi's carseat while Danny grabbed James' carseat. Everyone was looking at us and whispering and I just sighed. Danny grabbed my hand and I looked up at him. "Just ignore them. I love you and Im not leaving." He leaned down and kissed me and we heard a whole bunch of gasps. We continued to walk to the principle's office and we reached there. I paused and looked to Danny.

"Let's get this done, Danny boy." 

***

"Okay, so we are here because of your illegal relationship. Now what do you have to say about it?" I looked at Danny and turned back to Dr.Williams. 

"Look, this is illegal. Fine, but its not a fling. I love him and he loves me. We have two beautiful kids together and it really doesnt matter what you say because we are staying together. At the beginning of the year my mom started beating me. She broke some of my bones, left bruises and Danny helped me. He gave me a place to stay when I didnt want to go home to my drunked mother. When my mother brought a man into the house and almost raped me, Danny was there in 5 minutes and he took me away from that wretched home. Sure it was against protocol, but he helped me. He loved me and took care of me this whole time. When I was giving birth to my babies, I almost died and he was by my side the whole time, barely sleeping. so no disrespect, but what me and Danny have is real." I took a shaky breath and looked back at Dr.Williams. She was close to tears and she closed her eyes and regrouped.