1| Beginning & Regrets

❝ She is beautiful piece of broken pottery, put back together by her own hands.

and a critical world judges her crack while missing the beauty of how she made herself whole again❞

REGRET. What is regret? Regret is a feeling of sadness or disappointment over an occurrence or something that one has done or failed to do. Regret is a form of punishment itself, punishment for taking the wrong decisions.

Regret may seem like a small word but it holds so much power and that power is enough to destroy a person, a soul. It's the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad and sadness is bad, but regret is a sickly combination of both. Everyone has regrets; I do too.

I made a mistake in the past and now I am living with the consequences; I regret it, I really do. They say, live without regrets but the biggest question is how? Because no matter where I go or what I do that regret always haunts me like a phantom.

"Wake up!" I heard my roommate and also my best friend Maria's voice yell. Little did she know that I wasn't asleep, that no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't sleep, that it's been a while. She didn't know, nobody did.

"Am up" I muttered, getting up and resting my head against the headboard. I groaned as I felt throbbing pain in my skull; probably due to lack of sleep.

"Didn't sleep well?" She asked and that's when I realized that she was already dressed up wearing denim shorts and her favorite tank top, her bronze hair tied up into a high ponytail.

You have no idea. I wanted to say but didn't, instead I nodded meekly.

"I am gonna grab coffee for us, so you better get your lazy ass outta the bed and shower" She ordered as she made her way out of our dorm. She could be bossy when she wanted to be.

I massaged my temples getting up from bed and dragged myself to the bathroom, which was an absolute mess obviously thanks to Maria.

I nearly stopped brushing my teeth when I looked at myself in the mirror. My blue eyes looked so dull and there were dark bags under them, telling secrets of the thousands of sleepless nights. What a mess. My mind wandered through all the bad memories as I quickly shook my head clearing my thoughts. After I finished brushing, I quickly jumped in shower.

The cold, chilled water smashed my body as I instantly felt my muscles relaxed. There's nothing more calming than a cold shower.

After a whole twenty minutes I was all ready to hit the college in my black skinny jeans and a black crop top. I was applying my scented lip balm when the door burst open.

"Bitch! You better be ready. We are getti-" Maria stopped in middle of the sentence when she saw me "Thank fucking god" She exhaled in relief.

"Where's my Coffee?" I asked impatiently.