45| Friends & Teasing

❝She was either wildly naive or dangerously intelligent

When we walked into the cafeteria, I really didn't want to notice how abruptly everyone had stopped just for a breath, without even realizing it themselves

Or that, it was because of Ethan's firm grip around my body, plugging me close to his side as if he thought, I'd flee away or something.

However, as we reached close and closer to the table, where our friends were, it became more and more clear, the sudden change in the atmosphere. Those shocked and some knowing faces, casted towards us.

Theo was the first one to break into a full bloomed grin, looking at us "Is it still the night? Am I dreaming?"

"Do you want me to punch you, to make sure?" Beside me, Ethan mused, lazily striding towards our seat.

"Nah, the shock itself was enough to wake me up. So, it's true then, I am actually seeing you two little too close for someone who can't stand each other"

Pulling out the chair, I directed an annoyed look at him, which he so effortlessly ignored, when Finn commented in with a smirk

"I know right, this day should be recorded or something. In the book of most unexpected days in history"

Blowing out a breath, I sat down and raised an eyebrow, when Maria turned to me with a cunning look and asked "So, are you normal again?"

"What do you mean?"

She shrugged and muttered, "You were acting a little weird lately" later shoving greeneries in her mouth.

"Or maybe, it was just your weird thinking?" I rolled my eyes, retorting and hoped, no one would say anything further.

But, obviously it didn't stop Kate from gushing "I seriously am not over it, so does it mean you are toge--"

When beside me, Ethan chuckled putting an arm behind my chair, making Kate a very happy person, I couldn't help but exasperate "Can you guys just stop? Go back to the topic you were on, before us"

Hearing my words, Nate raised his sprite can in my direction, saying "Thank you for speaking. I wanted my attention bac-"

"Oh shut it, no one wants to hear your bratty ass anymore. Look at them, they look so adorable. My ship has sailed!" Sharon cut him off, practically shaking with glee and peered at us in awe. I swear, I could almost see those hearts in her eyes.

Letting out a tired sigh, I slumped down in my seat, praying to god to open up the ground and swallow me. I wanted to go back to being normal, hiding in the shadows, they were giving me or well us a bit too much attention.

"You know what else looks adorable? You shutting up." Nate growled at his cousin.

Sharon didn't even seem fazed and snorted snidely, "My fist colliding with your face would look adorable too."