49| Suffocation & Decisions

❝ Her scars were her best attire. A stunning dress made of hell fire.❞

Roaring of the pain in my chest and raging waves of confusion suffocated me

Roaring of the pain in my chest and raging waves of confusion suffocated me. Tears raced down my cheek one by one as I gnashed my teeth, putting all my pressure on the accelerator.

My vision was blurry, the whirlwind storm of emotions numbed my senses. I blared the horn continuously, hitting the steering wheel with my hand in aggression and then a strangled sound left my throat.

I tried to stop myself from shaking and focused on the unknown yet somewhat familiar road, trying to drive without killing myself, if that thing called life already didn't kill me.

My lips quivered, the unsaid misery stuck like a piercing needle in my throat, that could only be explained by the hot tears like lava burning up my eyes.

Suddenly, everything I believed in seemed so ridiculous and lost its meaning, leaving me confused and lost. With a screeching sound, the car halted in front of the empty field adorned with it's fine growing grass and breathing erratically and shakily, I jumped out.

With as much energy as my whimpering body could muster, I carried myself towards the field, where I had spent a memorable time once and I did something I never planned to do, but was the only thing that could describe my inner war.

I screamed.

Loud and furious, wrecked and unhinged, I screamed pouring my heart out. I screamed because words were too complicated to express my struggle, because tears were not enough to translate my pain. I screamed, because I was done trying to pretend to be fine, trying to figure myself out.

I screamed, because I didn't know what else to do.

My knees weakened and I fell on the ground hopeless and completely shattered. And somewhere in between, my screams turned into uncontrollable sobs, that could never be muffled with the lies.

Of course, she hated me, I was a constant reminder of her husband's infidelity. I was always there to remind her, how at one point in life, her family was at the very seam of tearing apart. I crashed into their family and took her daughter's place after killing her, didn't I?

I was the reason why everyone was so far and farther away, never wanting to see each other. That one happy family of warm hues and shining laughter was dead now. Dead and buried in the cold silence.

Gripping the soft fabric of my top in my fist, trying so hard to feel my chest and the heart caged inside, I tried to quiet down the cracked sobs, but it didn't stop.

Instead, those sobs continued telling the story of everything that I went through and tears too cried their agony and I let them. I didn't hold back and allowed me, for the first time, to be weak, because I accepted that no matter how hard you try, you just cannot save yourself from the damage.