32| Requests & Rejection

❝ The bravest thing she ever did was to stay alive each day❞ 

Everything started moving again, the noises in the background continued buzzing

Everything started moving again, the noises in the background continued buzzing. It's like the reality punched me in the face with my past as in those eyes, recognition shone brightly.

Her lips parted as to speak something, I knew I wouldn't be able to handle them, everything was too much, so I spoke up, before she could "I am sorry"

My voice was unrecognizable to my own ears as I turned around to walk outside, cutting past the crowd. I heard her voice called out, but I didn't stop, didn't want to.

"Winter, please wait! Please!" Just as I turned around at the corner, her voice called out my name, loudly.

Stopping in my heels, I took a deep breath, bracing myself for whatever war was going to take place, before I turned around and snapped "What?"

She stopped, approaching me and just stared at me. There was a glint of tears in her eyes, when she said "I missed you, It's been so long, I-"

"Apparently not long enough for you" I bite back. I tried my best to show her that her presence did not affect me, I couldn't care if she was here in front of me, I was done a long time ago.

I watched her sucking in a breath shakily and looked at me, with a small sad smile. "You are angry at me and I don't blame you. You have every right to be, but I just want to explain everything to you"

Her voice was soft and warm, but still in my ears those screams and shouts were clear as water, how could I forget?

"I don't want to listen, whatever you have to say. I am doing absolutely fine and I don't need you here to ruin it again"

Liar Somewhere from deep within, my heart whispered, but I ignored it. I was fine, even if I was not, I'll pretend to be.

She took a step forward, desperation on her face "Just hear me out, Winter. I am really sorry fo-"

"For what, huh? For torturing me? Or leaving me? Hell! it's fine if you hated me, but dad? How could you do this? He needed you and what did you do?" My voice was bitter, covering all the whimpers and sobs, I felt my soul letting out.

A lone tear slid down her cheek and I couldn't help but ache inside. Wiping the moist imprint with her right hand, she nodded and said "I know how you feel, or maybe I don't. But I just want you to know that there's a reason behind why I did everything that I did. Although, I know it wasn't fair for y-"

I stopped her midway, her sentence hanging emptily in the air as I hissed "Stop! Just stop, I don't wanna hear anything. Please, leave" Stop hurting me

She did nothing, but reminded me of all of the things I left behind or well tried to. It was just so hard to run away and even if I did try my best, the demons were always behind, following closely.

She raised her left hand, coming closer, whispering "Just hear me out. I really want you to know, you deserve to know"

Her words drowned in, and didn't even reach me, when I noticed the silver band, shining on her left hand, a forever promise on her ring finger. The air knocked out from my lungs and my throat seized burning with something bitter, when I realized that she moved on, forgot us. I thought she would give me another chance.

After what you did?

She noticed the sudden change in the air around us, when she saw me staring at that simple silver band, with a small diamond shining in middle.

I looked up and met her eyes hard and firmly, keeping our gaze locked. She began to speak"I-"

"I wish you a very happy married life" Emotionless, I told her and leaving her there with an unreadable expression, I turned around and walked away.

Thousands of emotions and memories clenched my heart tightly, squeezing out whatever happiness was left in it.

Exiting the mall, I stepped out on the street, filled with people rushing here and there, busy in their own world. When I couldn't walk any further, I rested my back against the nearest wall and closed my eyes, tears blurring my vision, a burning lump stuck in my throat.

"I should've killed you, the second I saw you"

"Why can't you just leave us?"

"Winnie..."

A soundless sob left my mouth, when I couldn't hold it in any longer, my lips quivering. I should be happy for her, for him. How easily they moved on, leaving all the dirt behind, but what about me?

The air was getting colder and colder or was it my soul? Loud noises, horns blaring and with so many people around me, I still felt all alone.

I took a breath, trying to stop the tears from falling, but couldn't help the whimpers escaping my lips. Too much. Everything felt too much.

My shoulders shook, when another broken sound escaped me and I put my hand on my mouth to muffle it. Numb was all I could feel and empty inside. But why did emptiness felt so heavy?

Bracing myself and letting out a shaky breath, I walked towards the road, raising my hand to stop the cab, passing by.

When the vehicle stopped near me, I got inside and gave the very first address that came to my mind. The first place, my mind suggested.

Well well, I really hope, I didn't fucked it all up, because bleh

Well well, I really hope, I didn't fucked it all up, because bleh. My mind is a mess right now and frankly, I am too tired to make sense out of it. 

Bear with me guys, chillax. On the other note, what do you think about this chap? Lemme know your thoughts and vote, if you liked it. Phew.

I am so done with writing those things, who knows I might stop, maybe.

So, that's all for now. Have a great day/night/afternoon/whatever..  

Bye! A simple smile. That's the start of opening your heart and being compassionate to others :)

Love, Zee..