44| Belongings & Breathless

She belonged to him, not because it was something he demanded

but, because it was something she couldn't help

The dry parched burning of my throat woke me up the next morning

The dry parched burning of my throat woke me up the next morning. The bed I was laying on was a lot more comfier than my dormitory stone, those sheets too was silky and soft like a feeble caress of a lover on my skin.

My eyes fluttered open when I registered in a different environment. Dizzily, I scanned my surroundings in confusion. Pale gray walls, hastily arranged study desk, dull decoration, half closed wardrobe giving a small glimpse of a basketball jersey?

Shocked to my very core, I quickly sat up, but regretted it seconds later, when I felt a weak pain jolted through my body like electricity. Clutching my head, which felt so heavy and throbbing, I looked around horrified.

Too familiar. That room was too familiar and, then like the raging waves of an angry ocean, memories from last night came flooded in my mind, hitting me harder than a train.

Gulping I let the silence comfort me as I looked down at my dress, all wrinkled and covered with an unpleasant odor of alcohol and cigarettes. My hair too was destroyed, tangled in a rough manner.

Scared and Tired, I rubbed my palms over my face and peeked through the small gap of fingers, to see if he was there.

Thankfully he wasn't, which means I had enough time to get out of that bed and hopefully that place too, as soon as possible.

Throwing the duvet off of my body, I began to get up, looking around frantically. Just as I spotted my black platform heels neatly put against the bed leg, a hopeless memory from the previous night flickered in my vision.

Without thinking too much, I grabbed those heels and began to put them on. The pain in my head was hitting my every nerve, but that pain was nothing compared to the ache in my hollow chest as I clasped the strap.

My eyes fell on the glass of water placed on the table with an aspirin just beside. My heart soared at how considerate he had been and my mouth suddenly tastes like acid. Gulping, I discarded the pill and just went for the water.

Taking four-five big gulps of chilled comfort, I set the glass down and looked around for a second, memorizing every detail of his bedroom, it felt so intimate being so close to everything that reflected him.

I was a coward. Raising my hand to untangle my hair with my fingers, I rolled them into a bun to stop them from falling on my face.

My heart thudded against my ribcage loudly, praying for me to make a good decision, the one I wouldn't regret. I knew, If I walked out of this place now without confronting my emotions and leaving him without saying what I wanted to, I would regret it.

But, if I stayed and faced him, faced the things I had been running from so long, then at one point in future, I would regret it too.

So once again, burying whatever memories I had of him and this room, I took one last lonely glance, before turning to leave.