12| Argument & Tears

She was the kind of girl who searched for things that could never be found

❝She was the kind of girl who searched for things that could never be found ❞

It was a bright clear afternoon. The cafeteria was buzzing with the noises, loud chattering of students, continuous sound of mobile notifications and occasional slamming of trays and opening of cans.

The atmosphere was loud and kind of annoying, but not as much as our table. Where a serious discussion about Oreos dipped in orange juice was going on between my dear friends, where Nate was sitting mad about something Finn had said.

"Oh come on! It's just a joke not a dick. Don't take it so hard" Alex huffed in a bored tone to Nate, who still had a childish pout on his face.

"You are overreacting like a whiny girl" Finn rolled his eyes showing Nate's shoulder, trying to force him to face.

Me, Maria and Ethan were sitting silently, just observing the chaos on our table. It was quite amusing, if you ask me.

"For the thousandth time Oreos dipped in Orange juice sounds a nasty combination" Sharon made a disgusted face.

"You didn't even taste it. It's like sex in mouth" Theo said with a longing sigh. That guy had a weird taste.

"Make it a little bit more sexual, why don't you?" I muttered to him dipping a fry in mayonnaise, then my mouth. I let out a sigh as the slight sweet taste of mayonnaise exploded on my tongue.

Kate choked on her diet coke and shot Theo a glare which he replied with a wink. Rolling my eyes, I dipped another fry in mayonnaise, before putting it in my mouth.

I raised an eyebrow when Ethan looked at me and let out a chuckle.

"What?" I asked him dryly.

He didn't reply and sucked on the straw of his apple juice, shaking his head slowly. Those entrancing hazel eyes were so bright, lightning up the whole room.

"Do you know that Joseph and Abby aren't actually dating?" Kate turned towards me with so much interest.

"What do you mean?" I asked in a bored tone. To be honest I wasn't interested in any gossip that flew around or the secrets those walls would spill. But Kate was. God! How much she loved the gossip and drama.

"Yes! The truth is that Joseph is gay and He was with Abby just to hide his identity"

"Did Abby know?" Sharon, the other blonde sitting beside me perked up, suddenly all her attention towards us. These girls.

"Yeah. Turns out that it was just a deal between them, she was just helping him out" Kate shared further without any hesitation.

"Wow. I really don't know how people can fake whole relationships. Like, I can't even fake a Hello to somebody I don't like" I spoke up looking towards Maria, who chuckled at me.