17| Invitations & Touch

She was a savage. Unafraid to fight for what she wanted and brave enough to go to a war for what she deserved 

Laughter and giggles jingled quietly and the delicious strong scent of coffee melted in the air, making me dizzy in the most beautiful way

The café was filled with teenagers, families and old couples spending quality time together, having a laugh, cherishing all the memories. The atmosphere was really calming and aromatic.

"It's so pleasing in here" Kate gushed looking around, her eyes twinkling brightly, showing her glee.

"Tell me about it! I could stay here all day long" Sharon let out a sigh, dreamily.

I exchanged an amused look with Maria sipping my mocha, before she chuckled under her breath. I put my cup down inhaling it's addictive smell in, I could feel my soul sighing, satisfied.

"Did you call them?" Kate asked, turning towards me and resting her elbow on the table, she lifted an eyebrow.

"Not really" I muttered frowning as my eyes darted towards the table.

"I should've known" Kate rolled her eyes fishing out her phone from her pocket as Sharon giggled beside her.

"What does that supposed to mean?" I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest and gave her an offended look.

"Nothing, Violent wire" Looking up, she shot me a wide grin while typing on her phone. Rolling my eyes, I huffed looking around the aesthetic retro styled café.

"So, how long have you been dating Alex?" Maria inquired turning to Sharon, who was busy munching on her muffin.

I tilted my head towards them, paying attention to their boring conversation.

"7 months, 4 days." Sharon beamed at us, her whole face lit up, causing me to scrunch up my nose and look away at Kate talking to someone on the phone.

It was probably Theo, judging by her shy smiles and blushed cheeks. Just thinking about their talks makes me want to puke.

"What about you? Do you have someone special in your life?" I heard Sharon's voice asked.

"Of course! Food" Maria corrected her in matter-of-fact tone, putting her arms behind her head, relaxingly.

Rolling her eyes, Sharon spoke before taking another bite of her Honey muffin."Come on, you know I am not talking about that"

"Well yeah and It's a work in progress. Good girls are hard to find nowadays" Maria joked half heartedly, letting out a sigh.

"Ooh! Good luck with that and what about you, Winter?" Sharon turned towards me and looked at me with those big bright eyes, showing undeniable curiosity.

I opened my mouth to make some sarcastic remark, when Kate spoke up "They'll be here in five"

Thanking my lucky charms, I leaned against the comfortable chair and took another sip of my mocha, blocking the world out and getting lost into a delicious fantasy.