27| Thoughts & Resistance

She was beautifully out of place. 

Sometimes I think, she intended to be.

Like the Moon during the day

Like the Moon during the day❞

ETHAN

This was so bad, so so bad. I shouldn't be thinking about her or she shouldn't be in my every single thought, but damn it, she was.

The pang of guilt that hit me straight to the feels, when I laid in my bed that night, after that heated fight in the Gym, was almost suffocating.

I don't know if it was just me, but there was... something. Something about her, something hidden in that anger, something behind those eyes, just something. But taking her to the central field, just to apologize seemed like a pretty stupid idea and not to mention, kinda weird.

I cursed myself to hell and back, when we reached there, but she made me forget all about it. Her awestruck expression under those millions of twinkling lights, erased all of my doubts. As if she had returned to the home after so long.

But I'd like to think, she wasn't in my head because of that or not just because of that. She was dominating my thoughts, my mind because of that goddamn smile too.

Seeing her smile was definitely rare, but boy did I lose it. When she smiled at me, there was a big chance I forgot to breathe for a moment, I had never seen a smile so beautiful. It just made me want to capture that moment-

Wow, easy buddy, go easy. These are some real hard feelings, you are showing here

Whatever, it didn't matter.

Running my hand through my hair, messing up them, I was about to get lost in my thoughts again, when Theodore's voice alerted me.

"We should get going, the girls are on their way"

A Club night was not on our list, in fact it was far away from that. But, Nate's constant nagging about booze and laid, forced us to make plans. And, then we found ourselves getting ready to hit the club.

"Please, try to control your alcohol consumption. Just so you know, I am not gonna take care of your drunken asses" Alex muttered, then looked at the two devils, who for sure were going to be drunk in less than an hour.

"Aren't not you so caring? I knew you had a thing for me. Don't worry though, I won't tell your girlfriend" Nate retorted, raising his hand to ruffle Alex's hair.

But he grabbed his hand, before it even touched his hair and glaring at him, said "Very funny."

"Oh I am funny, very funny in fact"

"Please don't start" I rolled my eyes at both of them, when Theo came standing by my side and sighed

"Did you hear about the chef that died?" Nate grinned, snatching his hand from Alex's firm grip and looked at us cheerfully.