51| Forgotten & Agony

⚠️Warning: Chapter may contain triggering content. Abusive parent, suicidal themes. 

She was one of the mysterious ones.

Beautifully damaged, ruthlessly scarred.

Dropped from heaven into the hell of her past

I could see the questions floating inside the depth of his hazel pools, but he did not utter a word and I was beyond thankful for that

Letting out a sigh, I tried to elaborate the tragedy of that incomplete tale "It actually all started with me..."

Not meeting his eyes, I gulped down the anxiety. At this point, I had nothing to lose, except maybe him.

"In high school, there was this guy name Dylan, who was so weird and seemed peculiar. I had never met him, though, but still felt him staring at me with uncanny smiles or following me. It was creepy, because I had never talked to him or we didn't share any classes or anything in common. So why that?"

I still remembered his chilly green eyes all well or his hair like dark and deep forest, at night.

"At first, I though it was just my imagination, he could be looking at something else or you know, being in a same place as me all the time, could be a strange coincidence. But, one morning, when I went to my class, just like always earlier than other students, I found a bouquet on my desk. Again, I thought it could be a mistake or something, when in reality, I was little frightened to face the truth"

Aren't you always?

"It continued for few days, the flowers appearing on my desk and I always threw them away or just put it on someone else's desk, but one day, when I entered the classroom, the flowers weren't there, it was him. Dylan was there on my seat, when he didn't even attended that class. Although, when I asked him, what he was doing there or wanted from me, he didn't said anything and just left the room. Little did I knew, that he was planning something else"

"You know, what he did? What he had planned?"

Again, Ethan just sat there beside me with silence being his only answer, because he knew, that I didn't needed his words, just him. His simply mere presence by my side.

Hence, I answered my own question "He proposed to me! He bent down on one fucking knee, in front of the whole school, asking me to be his. What nonsense was that? I barely knew the guy. Of course, I refused and to be honest, I was narrowly managing myself those hard days and a relationship was a no go, nobody needed that mess. So yeah, I said no"

"I thought, it was not a big deal, he would get over it, but oh how wrong I had been. You see, being a popular and social one has it's own consequences, especially when you get turned down by someone, in front of the whole campus. The news or should I say, the new gossip spread like wildfire, but he didn't care at all. He still used to smile at me in hallways, sneaking glances, which just got on my nerves more and more"