29| Ignorance & Hurt

Her damaged petals are what made her more beautiful than all the other flowers❞ 

I was avoiding him and any sane person with perfectly functional eyes could see this, but was I to blame? No

I was avoiding him and any sane person with perfectly functional eyes could see this, but was I to blame? No. I was just doing it to get rid of those weird tingly sensations and feelings, I got around him. It was weird and scary.

Weird, because I never actually felt that around anyone, I didn't know exactly how to react. Scary, because it really was scary, I had never been a talkative person, but oh how with him words would find their way to make proper sentences.

I didn't like it, it was almost as if we were getting close and I didn't like it. The only thing I was good at pushing people away, far away from me, not close.

So, in the end ignoring and avoiding him was the only solution, I could think of. But, again as I said before, anyone could see it and obviously he did too.

And hence, the curious glances and weird looks kept following me as I tried not to notice them.

"Get the fuck up, you lazy people. Keep whining like that and we'll never win a single match again" I snapped at the guys, sprawled on the ground, fully covered in sweat.

Somehow, avoiding him was getting on my nerves and making me pissed at him or myself?

A dark haired guy looked up at me with a worn out expression and said "Seriously, where did they got you? At least give us a little break"

Rolling my eyes at their whiny faces and few sniggers from the people, I knew well, I spoke up "Fine. You have ten minutes and I mean it. Ten minutes, only"

I walked to the bleachers to get my water bottle from the bag. I could feel his stares digging holes in my back, searching for answers.

Resting myself against the gym wall, I raised my eyebrow, gulping down the cold water, when I saw the coach making his way towards me.

"How's practice going? I see, they are already knackered. Must be harsh." Coach beamed at me.

"They'll live" I shrugged, screwing close the bottle's cap and put it back in the bag.

"Oh! They will be alright, I know. But, you know what?"

"What?"

"You are actually great at your job. I am glad, Finn told me about you and suggested the idea"

Frowning, I turned to him with questions swirling in my mind, but he walked towards the guys, after giving me an appreciating smile. Okay.

"Ok, time's up! Get back to the practices everyone!"

After whole hours of shouting, yelling, running around and getting hurt a few times, it all finally came to an end.

The guys all gathered their bags and towels and walked out of the gym cursing and grunting softly. The smell of sweat was still fresh, lingering in the air.