3| Management & Getting along

❝She is a paradox. She is faithful yet detached. She is committed yet relaxed. She loves everyone yet no one. She is sociable but also a loner. She is tough yet so gentle. She is passionate but also can be platonic. In short, she is predictable in her unpredictability

 In short, she is predictable in her unpredictability❞

Three months. I was stuck with basket ball team for three whole months, which sounded like pure torture. But turned out Coach was actually really glad to have me as a helper.

"That's Nathan, ma buddy!" Finn said, pointing towards a dirty blonde haired guy who was on ground stretching. I nodded as my mind registered another name. Although I was sure that by the end of the day I would forget all zillions names, I've heard.

Shaking my head, I asked "Why are these girls here and why the fuck these guys are stretching in front of them?"

Finn grinned cheekily and said "You know what they say?"

"What?" I asked not taking my eyes from those girls, who were standing there eyeing those guys and cheering.

"People will stare, make it worth their while" He remarked, winking at me.

"You guys are delusional" I muttered.

"Well Come on, you still have to meet a few more people" He told me as he made his way towards his team mates. Rolling my eyes I followed him.

"Hey! Winter, fancy seeing you here" Theo grinned getting up from ground as he saw us coming.

Of fucking course he is in Basketball Team I thought.

"Well, she is Coach's new helper" Finn elaborated running his hand through his brown hair.

"For three months only" I muttered coldly, convincing myself.

"Really? That's great! You're going to love our team" Theo said, flashing me a broad grin and raised his hand, giving a thumbs up.

"Not the whole team but sure" Finn said chuckling.

"Yo guys! Who's this chica?" A boy with light golden hair asked, coming our way. Oh god! Give me a fucking break.

"Easy there mate! You have a girlfriend" Theo spoke jokingly, shoving that guy's shoulder lightly.

"Yes! Whom I love very much, thank you" He deadpanned.

"Winter, this is Alexander. Alex for short, please. He'll be pissed otherwise " Finn said gesturing towards the golden boy, standing there.

"Winter huh? So you are the new helper?" Alex asked as he offered me a genuine smile.

"Unfortunately" I muttered under my breath.

He grinned and said "You'll have so much fun here" to which I didn't bother to reply.

"And that's my main man Ethan," Theo hollered, dragging Ethan to us. He froze at his place when he saw me standing there.