18| Arrival & Teasers

The little girl just could not sleep, because her thoughts were way too deep

Her mind had gone out for short stroll and fallen down a rabbit hole

"What the fuck did your sister said to her?" I whispered, gritting my teeth, in Ethan's ear

"What the fuck did your sister said to her?" I whispered, gritting my teeth, in Ethan's ear. A forced smile made its way on my face as I stepped inside the gorgeous house, wanting to run away.

"Unfortunately, I don't know. I am just as confused as you are" He muttered glancing at me sideway.

Ethan's mom and Emma beamed at me happily as if Christmas has arrived before it's even time.

"I am really glad that you all came" Emma burst out cheerfully, watching us all standing there probably with worn out expressions after a seven hours drive.

"And I am really glad to be here" Nate chimed, giving her a big cheshire grin. Oh please.

"You must be Winter" Ethan's mom spoke up coming towards me, her auburn hair tied into a tight bun. I looked at him anxiously as he gave me an amused expression, then motioned at me to say something.

"Uh yeah" I let out awkwardly. Way to go babe.

Before I could say something further, she engulfed me in a big tight hug. For a whole moment, I stood there frozen in my spot and saw Maria looking at me wide eyed, while Finn was smirking for some reason.

"You are so pretty" She gushed, pulling away and looked at me with a warm smile. I could see Ethan's honey eyes in her beautiful orbs.

"Thank you, Mrs Keyes"

"Nonsense, you can call me Margaret" She told me, waving her hand dismissively and let out a giggle.

"Okay then Margaret" I nodded unsure, looking at everyone anxiously to help me to get out of that awkward and plain weird situation.

"Mom I am here too, ya know? Did you even miss me?" Ethan's voice rumbled as I mentally thanked him for being my savior. Mentally.

"Oh sush! Of course I did my baby boy" She smiled and chuckled to himself. Ethan walked towards her lazily and wrapped her in his arms as if she was something very precious, something to cherish.

"I missed you too. Very much. Very very much" Ethan mumbled quietly in her shoulder, keeping her close. I stood there in awe, feeling a strange tugging at my heart.

There was something about that moment that felt so pure, so beautiful. The way she was hugging her son, after not seeing him for so long, the happiness on her face. I could feel the affection Ethan had for his mother, their love, all in that just one hug.

Unfortunately, I never felt that before, never experienced it.

An ugly feeling settled inside me as I felt my stomach suddenly drop after recalling those unpleasant memories in my head.