26| Care & Cuddles

The way she talked about the things she loved

made the whole room turn to see what shone

My dorm ceiling and then, Ethan with his arms crossed over his chest, his muscles flexing and a disappointed expression covered his face, was not something I expected to witness, when I first woke up

But that something is exactly what welcomed me, when I sat up on my bed, groaning softly.

Confused, I looked around my dorm, ignoring the pain as my eyes fell on him beside me on Maria's bed. Weren't we supposed to go to the practices?

When he saw my confused stare, he spoke up "You clearly haven't slept properly for god knows how long and in spite of having painful menstrual cramps, you still decided to show up at college. Not the wisest of decisions I must say."

My mouth hung open as his voice hit me like a bullet "Ho-How do you know that?" I sputtered.

"Doesn't matter. The thing is how do you not? You were out there thinking about practices and college, when you should be in bed, resting. Jesus, have you seen your face?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

I wasn't wearing any concealer, of course the dark bags under my eyes were more visible than they had been, screaming the secrets of countless sleepless nights.

My head fell back in annoyance as I muttered "Doesn't matter, I am fine now"

"Of course you are, that's why you passed out. I don't know, you are not going anywhere out of here. Stay in the bed."

"Yeah sure" I rolled my eyes getting up from my bed and tumbled when my feet touched the ground, feeling my head spin.

"Did I just not tell you to rest?" He rushed to my side.

"Am just going to the bathroom, calm the fuck down" I cursed under breathe, massaging my temples and moved towards the bathroom's direction.

"Whatever. I am just doing this, because Maria told me to make sure you don't go out" He huffed, running his fingers through his hair.

"Since when did you start listening to Mar?" I looked over my shoulder at him, with a cold expression.

"When she became my best friend's best friend." I heard his voice speak, before opening the door, I sneaked inside the bathroom.

Walking over to the mirror, I stared at my reflection clearly not liking the view. A tired sigh left my lips as I turned on the faucet, the cold water streaming out endless and began to wash my face.

After drying my face, I reached up to untie my hair from the bun, due to the extreme headache I was feeling. The soft locks fell on my shoulder, covering the side of my face messily as I fixed them with my fingers.