38| Winners & Suspiciousness

No matter how quietly she spoke, the world would always spin a little slower, just to hear what she had to say

❝ No matter how quietly she spoke, the world would always spin a little slower, just to hear what she had to say❞

Loud whistles stormed around and heavy footsteps thudding against the floor, vibrated against the gym walls. Coach's shouting and commanding voice were clear as everybody sat on the bleachers, enjoying the match.

Girls cheered at their boyfriends and friends, boys hollered equally matching their spirit, while others looked ready to go on a killing spree.

Stood there at the far corner away from people, resting my body against the wall, I analyzed the crowd and found familiar beautiful faces. Casting a lone glance, I turned my attention back to the game or rather someone, who was playing.

His dark hair was messy and little sweat droplets covered his forehead. The basketball team tee he wore looked enticing and his naked arm, those bulging muscles were a breathtaking sight to see.

The way he so effortlessly and professionally moved around focusing as if he was born to play and win. As if he didn't learn to lose, could make any girl putty and fall on her knees.

I shook my head calling my senses back, when loud applause and screaming broke out. I watched our team hugging and congratulating. Coach moved by their side and patted their backs appreciatively.

He was flooded by his teammates and friends and I captured every little smile that came on his face, even that faint blush that crept up his neck when the coach started ruffling his hair in front of everyone and I laughed at the sight.

However, I instantly stopped when his eyes shifted towards me and a smirk toyed with his lips.

My god, those eyes. There was something oddly warm about them, they were burning with passion and full of life. It was crazy, how those hazel orbs were easily enough to drive me insane.

I scoffed pushing myself off of the wall, when he greeted me with a wink, before going back to his teammates. Letting out a sigh, I didn't pay another glance and began to make my way towards my friends.

~~~

"Although basketball isn't really my type of shit. That was still fucking awesome!" Maria commented about the match, pulling out a chair and falling down on it.

"Tell me about it. Their faces when they realized that they actually lost the final round too was hilarious" Nate snorted raising his hand for a high five. Chuckling quietly, Maria allowed him.

"I would've enjoyed that too, if I wasn't busy staring at your ass laughing your tits off in front of everybody" Theo retorted, when I felt a chair pulled beside me.

I didn't have to look up to see who it was, because of that fresh and earthy smell of soap lingering on his body, covered with faintest specks of addictive aftershave.