4| Routine & Unexpected

She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip toed on

❝She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip toed on❞

Slowly slowly, I didn't even realize and it became a routine. Everyone started to hang out with us and our cafeteria table became noisy and a mess, a good kind of mess, I guess. I started to help coach the team and stuff, which he really appreciated.

"Are you reading?" Maria asked plopping on my bed.

Because I didn't have any classes, I was free today and decided to stay in the dorm and she just skipped college today to get some rest after a hectic week, her words not mine.

"No, I am staring at book hoping lasers will come out of my eye and burn the book" I muttered sarcastically, flipping to next page of the book 'Murder on the Orient Express' To be honest I didn't consider myself a book person, but mysteries were my weakness.

"Yeah right" She mumbled, getting up and going to open our already empty mini fridge. Then from the corner of my eyes, I saw here rummaging through cabinets we had just above our fridge.

"Man! I am starving and there's nothing to eat" She sighed and fell on her bed, flat on her back and stared at the ceiling.

I snorted and muttered "You finished all of our snacks"

Rolling her eyes, she turned towards me resting herself on her elbow "Whatever, the important thing is we need to refill"

"No! Shit sherlock"

She gave me a sly look and I knew where this was heading so I quickly spoke up "No, I am not going anywhere and especially not to get snacks. You finished it, you'll go"

Her face fell as she pouted "Come on Winter! Pleeeease" She whined, sitting up.

"Nope. End of the conversation" I said getting more comfortable on my bed. Who wouldn't want to enjoy a free day, reading a book?

I heard her sigh as she got up from bed. I smiled at my victory but my happiness was short lived, when a hand snatched the book from my hand.

"What the fucking hell!" I shouted as I gave Maria a hateful glare although She didn't look affected at all.

"Listen, let's make a deal" She said or more likely begged, giving me a desperate look.

"What deal?" I asked her in a bored tone.

"If you get us snacks, I'll do laundry for a whole week, sounds good?" She grinned showing her pearly white. Of course she knew that I hated doing laundry. Although it did sound like a good deal.

Against my will, sighing I got up from my bed and defeated "Fine" I mumbled.

"Great! Don't forget to bring extra Cheetos, Skittles and Hershey's kisses" She squealed mentioning her favorite things "Oh yeah! and M&Ms too. Loads of it"