1- The Start of Something New (E)

Darkness was the only thing Thea knew before she met Tony Stark and Peter Parker. A deep, dark black hole filled herself, growing bigger and bigger until it consumed her whole. Something grew inside of her during these dark times, a void began to swell in her body as years raged on without its knowledge. A void that would soon encompass everything she cared about. Not even Thea knew her whole story.

The only comforting darkness Thea knew of was the black of the back of her eyelids when she was asleep. A calming picture to confide in every night, that was ruined every morning by the sun and the body's natural alarm clock pushing the mind to come to life.

Neurons firing, muscles warming up and the mind coming to life is a miracle to revel in every morning. The human body is a mystery enough as a normal, functioning human. But to Thea, her body was a foreign object. A mere plaything to control as her mind took over. After all, the mind is what controls everything we know of. Her mind was fueled by the enigma of her own powers. Her mind was not only able to control her own body but the matter of others.

Known under the alias of 'Dark Matter' to many, Thea is able to control both dark matter and dark energy. Both things that are still a complete mystery to the world. These vast substances are what make up all of the universes. Having knowledge and authority over these objects gives those the ability to control much of what's known.

These powers came into the public eye when on the notorious day of 2012 came along. A simple day started out the same. But quickly advanced into a seemly small apocalypse.

A giant wormhole appeared in the New York City skyline, wisps of energy flowing non-stop out of it along with technologically advanced aliens and machinery. In order to cut off all of the connection with this world and the wormhole, Tony Stark bravely put himself in harm's way to save the lives of many others.

Not knowing whether his fate was sealed with his entry into the portal, Thea felt as if she had lost her only connection to the physical plane. Bursts of purple energy fired from Thea's body as her mind raged on. The sorrow of her only connection, lost forever, repeated in her mind as buildings, streets and cars were destroyed around her. The power built from within caused a great deal of destruction to the surrounding area. Showing the public the true nature of her powers and what could come in the future. Grainy videos surfaced online from city blocks away at the immense blasts of energy coming from her body. This was the world's first taste of literal power in the wrong hands.

That moment is when the world began to fear her, that moment is when she began to fear herself.

~ Author's Note ~

I hope everyone is enjoying the story, even though its only one chapter so far. Also if any of you guys catch a grammar mistake or anything of that nature please feel free to tell me.

How are you liking the story so far? What are your theories? I would like to know