24- The Reveal (E)

It was all over the news the day it happened. The Winter Soldier, otherwise known as Bucky Barnes, had supposedly bombed the UN during the counsel. Bucky was Steve's best friend before the war and Thea knew of him, but never met him. It didn't take half a brain to realize that Bucky wasn't stupid enough to bomb the UN when he was a wanted criminal.

However, Thea wasn't worried about Bucky at the moment, she was worried about Natasha who was at that counsel when it happened. Thea tried calling Natasha multiple times but each time they went to voicemail. She didn't want to call Tony, however, because of the sour note she left off on with him.

"Fuck!" Thea yelled as the call dropped again. She threw her phone on the couch nearby in her apartment. However, once the phone began to ring again, she quickly ran over to it. Thinking it was Natasha, Thea picked up the call immediately.

"Nat?" Thea's worried voice spoke out.

"Not quite," Tony said.

Thea groaned out and said with harshness in her voice, "Goodbye, Tony." She was about to hang up when Tony shouted out her name.

"Thea!"

Thea didn't respond, but she also didn't hang up the call with Tony. She had a mental struggle with herself, wondering if she should follow her heart or her brain. Ultimately, she followed her heart.

"Look, kid... I know you must really hate me right now, but I'm doing this for the good of the team. And before you hang up or interrupt me, I just want to say... I love you."

Thea's breath hitched in her throat. Tony was never one to say 'I love you' easily. In her time with Tony as her father she had only truly heard it a handful of times.

"I wouldn't have done this if I didn't think you would be safe in the end. I promise you that it'll all work out," Tony said in a soft voice.

Thea stayed silent for a moment but then, in a quiet voice, she asked, "Is Nat okay?"

Tony sighed out, "Yes, Natasha is doing just fine."

"Now I have a question for you," Tony said, "....are you okay?" He put emphasis on the word 'you'.

Thea smiled to herself, "Yeah... yeah, I'm fine now."

"Well, kid I got to go now but take care of yourself m'kay?" Tony said

"I will Tony," Thea said smiling, imagining his face during this conversation.

The slight ringing indicated that Tony had hung up before she did. Thea braced herself next to her living room table and placed her phone down upside-down.

~~~~

Thea didn't want to go to school that day, even though she found out about Peter, Tony still didn't know. Once she got to school she was bombarded by Ned. He was speaking at a rapid pace, his lips never slowing as he questioned Thea.

"DidyouseewhathappenedinVienna?" It all came out as one giant sentence and Thea could barely make out what he said.

"Yeah, you mean the bombing?" Thea said quietly. She was still reserved on the topic, but they didn't know that.

"Do you really think the Winter Soldier is behind all of this?" Ned asked her. His eyes seemed to grow larger whenever he mentioned superheroes.

Thea shook her head and immediately said, "No, no way."

Ned furrowed his eyebrows, "Why's that?"

Thea swallowed her non-existent spit in her throat before she said, "Well... He's changed as a person." Her eyes grew wider as she realized what she had just said. Ned caught on to this too; his eyes squinted closer together and his mouth parted to ask something. But before he could the bell rang, signaling the start of class.