35- The Research (E)

Peter was utterly confused, lines formed between his eyebrows, his tight lips fell into a meager frown. He looked Natasha and Tony up and down, in hopes that their body language would give him some answers. But when Peter studied their posture, he only grew more bewildered. 

Tony's posture had never been great, to begin with. From his years of stress as Iron Man and as a celebrity billionaire, his back had slowly given away. But now, with the knowledge of Thea in harm's way, Tony's back was as straight as a board. His spine was vertical, making it seem that he had grown a few inches in a matter of seconds. Through the lines of his shirt, Peter could see Tony's back muscles clenched together. His shirt creasing from this. Tony's hands were placed in clenched fists at his sides. As Peter glanced up, he saw Tony's worn face. Worn from years of cuts and bruises, from years of restless sleep and stress. Tony's face now held a certain look of concern and worry. Tony's eye bags looked as they had grown since Tony retrieved Peter.

Peter could gather a great deal of information about Tony from his posture, but Natasha was still an immense mystery to him. When Peter examined Natasha's stance, he had a hard time deciphering it. In the short time that Peter had known Natasha, he had gathered that she was a well thought out person. She never hesitated or showed her true intent to anyone. Natasha's body was, too, like Tony. Her back was straight, maybe out of habit, or maybe out of stress. Her face held a vague look to it, no portrayable emotion showing. Natasha's eyes followed the mouse on the bright screen as it moved across. Her eyes never blinked as it traced the path around the screen. Peter finally broke his gaze on Natasha and Tony with a clearing of his throat. 

"So...what is that octopus creature about?" Peter questioned. 

The red-headed women clicked the mouse a final time before she pivoted on a heel to stared directly at Peter. Her deep emerald eyes drilled themselves at Peter's dark eyes as she raised a single eyebrow in questioning. 

"That octopus creature is called a hydra, that creature is an emblem of one of the worst organizations known. It's been around since World War II or maybe even longer," she retorted. Peter grew silent and drew his eyes from her gaze, her emerald eyes becoming too much to look at while she informed him. His eyes avoided hers, looking everywhere but at her. 

"The emblem of the organization Hydra."  

Peter shot his head up from his attention on the floor. His brown, wispy hair bounced slightly with the momentum of the movement. An individual rouge strand escaped his gelled hair and set itself upon is forehead. His mouth gaped open lightly as his brain tried to comprehend the information given to him. He let out a puff of breath as he realized what this meant. 

"You-you mean Hydra? Like the same organization that Captain America fought against in World War II?" Peter babbled out. His single hair placed onto his forehead was now raised due to his forehead wrinkling in surprise. 

"Yes," Natasha confirmed blatantly. "Which is why it is so important to find Thea as soon as possible." Natasha broke her view on Peter to turn over to Tony, who was now staring at the conversing pair. In a quiet voice, Natasha spoke softly, "We will find her." She tried her hardest to speak only to Tony as she said this. Her eyes focused softly on Tony, her face and voice carrying a mother-like kindness. 

Tony's stressed ridden face grew relaxed at her comment. His eyes grew in interest and his overly straightened back relaxed slightly. A small smile appeared on his face and he breathed out a heavy sigh of relief.

Peter, who had grown baffled at this interaction, asked innocently. "But how are we going to find her?" He held his callous-ridden hands in one another, nervously picking at his nails.