15- The Rescue (E)

Thea was shaken out of her trance; her arm still outstretched. But this time it was stretched out to a wall. Her skin wasn't purple anymore, it returned back into its normal peach shade. It was a strange vision, Thea must admit, but she had no time trying to figure it out. Thea's trance was much shorter than anyone else's. Everyone else was still stuck inside their own mind, whereas Thea was the only one free.

~~~~

Thea hastily exited the wrecked ship, holes now blasted through sides of the ship and rumble was found everywhere. She clenched her fists as her powers flowed out of her fingers, purple mist floating all around her as she lifted her body into the air. Her eyes scanned the land, searching for Tony.

Thea heard a crackle over her earpiece and then Tony's voice came through. "If anyone is up could they come immediately?! We have a code green!" Tony said this in a panic, his thrusters were blasting in the background of the call. A code green meant the Hulk was out, and that was never a good sign, especially since it was that girl, Wanda's doing.

Thea flew near a big city with skyscrapers in the midst of being built and saw the Hulkbuster out, trying to stop the Hulk from tearing down a building. Tony was taking hits left and right, the Hulk not slowing down.

"Bruce!" Thea hollered out to the green monster. His eyes were almost pure red, the skin around them was irritated and he kept twitching like he had something stuck inside his own skin. Thea landed hastily to the ground with a thud. The rumbling of the ground let Thea know of the movement coming toward her.

Thea outstretched her hands, her powers flowing out of them at rapid speed. Her eyes glowing a deep purple hue as she formed a giant wall of mist. A shear wall of purple mist rapidly formed over Thea in order to protect herself. The Hulk ran over to Thea at lightning speed, his fists banging against the wall of mist protecting Thea. With a swift movement, Thea pushed her two hands forward, causing the wall of mist to wrap around the Hulk's body. Slowly, Thea began to clench her fists together. Her skin changing from a natural peach tone to pure white from the pressure put on it. The mist, too, followed suit and began to compress down, slowly squeezing the Hulk. His normally green face turned into a red shade as Thea's powers compressed the air out of him. His body was wiggling as Thea kept her hold on him.

Tony, clad in his Hulkbuster suit, stood right next to Thea as she did this. The rattling of loose metal let Thea know of his presence. He stood by silently, waiting for the moment the Hulk would be set loose. Thea's eyes began to glow brighter as she shook from the exertion of her powers. With one final push, Thea screamed out as she dropped the Hulk's limp body from her grasp.

With a sudden gasp of relief, Thea dropped to her knees on the debris-ridden ground. Her knees hitting the ground harshly and scratching her skin up. Her eyes returned to their normal shade of brown as her hands laid on the hard ground, trying to push her up. With shaking arms, Thea propped up against one knee and breathed out.

Tony dropped out of his Hulkbuster suit, revealing his normal suit with scratches and dents spread all over it. He quickly made his way over to Thea and flipped up his mask to say, "Kid, that was the most stupid and reckless thing I have ever seen...but you did good." Thea smiled up at Tony as he held out a hand for her to take.

A human groan sounded in the air as Tony helped Thea stand on her two feet. On the ground laid a completely human Bruce Banner. With a sigh of relief, Thea spoke, "Oh, thank god." Thea glanced around at her surroundings one last time. Rubble lay strewn about the streets, full buildings were demolished, and people were scattered about, injured and scared.

This is going to be a hard one to get over.

~~~~

The ride back home was uncomfortable in more ways than one. The whole team was still reveling in what had happened earlier in the day. Thea's thoughts, however, had floated to Peter. It had been more than a full week since Thea had been gone, more than a week since they fought. Thea and Peter left things one such a bad note that Thea thought that they would never be friends again. Thea's thoughts were interrupted by Agent Maria Hill's voice over the speakers on the quinjet. "The news is loving you guys...Nobody else is." Thea winced at this sentence. The last time the news took badly to her was during the invasion of 2012.

"There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air." Thea looked over at Bruce, who was now a huddle on the floor, trying to calm himself down. Tony sighed, "Stark Relief Foundation?"

"Already on the scene," Maria answered Tony quickly. "How's the team?" She asked.

Tony paused for a moment, "Everyone's..." another pause followed and he thought some more. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off." He said this unconfidently, which only added to the misery on the quinjet. The mood in the quinjet was far from happy.

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here," Maria added on.

Tony gave a look of disbelief, "So run and hide?" He crossed his arms and looked back at the team, specifically Thea. She couldn't look Tony in the eyes as he glanced back at her.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer," Maria said truthfully. Even though she was a trained agent, and one of the best, her voice gave away everything. Tony tapped on the screen which displayed the call and said, "Neither do we." He clicked the end call on the screen and Thea saw Maria's icon disappear from sight. After his call, Tony seemed to go back to his normal life and asked Clint, who was flying the quinjet, "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

Thea scoffed at his nonchalant reaction to what Maria said. "Really? So that's it. We are just going into hiding for who knows how long until Maria finds Ultron?" She stood up and strutted her way to the front of the ship. Tony turned around in his chair and looked back at Thea. "Actually, girlie, we are going into hiding, you are going back home." Thea's mouth dropped open at his statement and she made nonaudible sounds before Thea said, "No, I'm not. You said yourself you needed me. You needed me to defeat them."

"That was before I saw what happened to you...what you did to yourself." He mumbled the last part but Thea could still hear it clear as day. "I had no choice!" Thea raised her voice at Tony, her eyes grew with rage. Thea added back, "I don't care, I'm staying with you guys." Her hands a few up in the air at the last part of the sentence.

"No! No, you're not!" Tony roared.

Thea flinched at this and visibly curled back into herself. Slowly she walked into the back of the quinjet, where no one was.

 Slowly she walked into the back of the quinjet, where no one was

~ Author's Note ~

All rights to Spider-Man and original plot goes to the Marvel franchise and their fantastic movies and comics. I own new story lines and new characters, like Thea Quinton.

I think I'm going to write one more chapter on AoU and then I'll be done.

In the next chapter we'll finally see Peter and Thea back together again! Will they make up? Who knows?

How are you liking the story so far? What are your theories? I would like to know.