9- The Tutor (E)

Peter and she walked to their apartment complex. An awkward silence ensued during the duration up the floors to Peters apartment. Thea's shoes made a soft squeaking sound every time she took a step, sounding in the awkward silence. Peter glanced down at her shoes and then back up at the hallway in front of them. Thea cleared her throat while Peter dug around in his backpack for a quick moment before pulling out a set of keys on a Star-Wars keychain.

What a nerd, Thea thought.

Peter fumbled with the keys, almost dropping them at one point, but eventually, he was able to open up his apartment. The first thing Thea noticed when she walked into the small apartment was that it smelled like burnt cookies and fresh clothing. The tiny apartment let in minimal light and any light that did manage to escape through the blinds was tinted in a red hue.

Thea spotted an older woman in the kitchen to her side. Mixing and stirring into a bowl, her back was turned to the pair behind her. Not turning around from her apparent disaster of baking she said, "Pete, I just don't think I'm cut out for the life of a master chef." She then went on to fan away any smoke, as she did this she began to turn around to see Peter and Thea. Her hair was put into a high messy bun and it shook around when she turned to see the pair. Her eyes slightly widened when she saw a new face next to Peter.

"Oh, Peter, who is this with you?" She asked.

"Aunt May, this is my good friend Thea. Thea this is my Aunt May" Peter introduced the two girls to each other. Thea smiled sweetly at Aunt May and then turned to Peter. Realization fell upon May's face as she said, "Oh so you're the infamous Thea Peter has been telling me about."

Thea looked at May, then at Peter and she tilted her head slightly while looking at him but finally looked back at May. Peter stayed silent and stood as stiff as a board when May said this.

"He told you about me? I feel bad now because he never told me that he had such an amazing aunt." Thea looked back over at Peter for a moment.

"Ah thank you, Thea, you're such a sweet girl." May gushed. "And please call me May." May put her bowl she was working on down and picked up a towel on the counter next to her. With the towel, she began wiping her hands and opened her mouth to say something else, but before she could Peter interrupted, saying, "Well we better get going, we have a lot to review over."

May glanced over at Peter and scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion, "Well...ok...get going, I'll just be trying to fix this baking disaster." She gestured to the bowl on the countertop and turned around with the bowl in her hands.

Peter shook his head slightly and with one hand, he grabbed Thea's wrist and tugged her down the hall, to his room. When Peter reached outside his door, his hand was still gripped onto Thea's wrist. Thea had to give a sharp cough to alert Peter of his hand. Peter looked back at Thea and glanced down at their hands before his eyes grew in size and immediately let go of her hand. Thea smiled at Peter. "So how come you never told me you had an aunt?" She asked Peter as he opened the door to his room.

"I guess it never came up before, I usually never try to force my family tree down anyone's throat." He said walking through the door. Thea knew that something else was going on, but she decided not to pressure him.

When Thea stepped into Peter's room she noticed the mess on the floor. Clothes and other miscellaneous items were strewn around the room. Posters were tacked onto the wall, posters like Avengers and Star Wars. Peter, who quickly realized the state of his room, tried to pick up his mess but to no avail. He ran in front of Thea and picked up what looked like his boxers on the floor. Thea snorted when Peter, with his boxers in hand, tripped over a pile of clothes but quickly caught himself and made it over to his bed.