27- The Rebellion (E)

The group split up once they all suited up. Clint and Wanda went up to the parking deck while Sam and Bucky went off to search for the correct terminal. Thea decided her best choice was to be with Steve and Scott. Scott was already small; staying secure on Steve's shield.

Thea noticed an immediate change in his demeanor as soon as he put on his suit. His serious tone grew as he slowly walked to the landing strip of the airport. Thea walked beside him, her long strides almost overtaking his slow ones.

Clearing her throat, Thea asked "Hey why do we have to walk so slowly? Is this just a you thing or do all superheroes do this when they are about to fight?" She paused, "Cause I sure as hell haven't done this." She pointed to his feet as she emphasized it. Thea stifled a smile, trying to keep the mood light, "This is apart of the superhero package too right? Acting all silent and serious." Thea sighed out. "I don't think I can be a superhero if this is all it is." Thea clicked her tongue, the sound echoing off the parking structures walls.

All Steve said in response to all her questions was a simple sentence. "Come on." His pace began to pick up as he took larger strides.

Thea squinted at the distance. She began sprinting alongside Steve as they ran from under the cover to an empty helicopter. Thea flinched suddenly when a large electromagnetic pulse shook the helicopter. Steve and her back off from the helicopter, avoiding the incoming suits.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony's mask retracted back to reveal his bruised face.

"Definitely weird," Rhodey said through his suit.

Tony stopped, his attention now focused on Thea, who had her gaze set to him calmly.

"Thea... I really thought you would've known better."

"Oh me?" Thea pointed at herself and shrugged her shoulders. "This is all part of the rebellious teenager phase, right? You should know all about that Tony."

Tony held back a smirk.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve tried to level with Tony but he wasn't listening.

From behind Thea and Steve jumped out a person, clad in a cat-like suit. Behind the mask, a thick accent came through. "Captain."

"Your highness," Steve said in reply.

"Wait he's? Who?" Thea questioned.

"Anyway. Ross gave me 36 hours to bring your in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony walked in useless circles to try to calm his nerves.

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." Tony fumed.

"But there is still other out in the world. Probably world's worse than Bucky!" Thea retorted.

Tony's eyes softened slightly at her but hardened once again when Natasha butted into the conversation. She walked in from behind Steve and Thea. "You know what's about to happen... Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

Thea opened her mouth to reply to Natasha's statement when suddenly Tony called out, "All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" He cupped his hands around his mouth, shouting out into the air.

Thea gasped as a single web shot from above of her. The web took Steve's shield right from his grasp and webbing up his hands in one go. She looked up at the figure she had come to know closely, but it was in an unfamiliar suit.