20- The Realization (E)

Thea and Peter spent the remaining minutes of sunlight walking together to Delmar's shop. The pair laughed about tiny things and enjoyed each other's company.

Thea, although a teenager, had never experienced normal teenage things like friendships with someone your own age, and meals with friends. Thea was always stuck in Avengers Tower after Tony adopted her. It took time for Tony to come to love her and Thea was the same way with Tony. But the downside was the media and public. Tony couldn't let the world know that he had a daughter, let alone an adopted one with powers. He didn't want to bring that life onto her so early in her childhood. He would rather her be safe and calm in the darkness than being out in the open and in danger.

Thea grinned as Peter and she crossed the street to Delmar's. It was a homey store on the corner of a busy intersection. Peter stepped in front of Thea, holding the door open for her.

A bell rang as soon as the pair crossed the threshold of the door. Thea gaped around, looking at the store in awe. The store was packed full of items. Candy and chips were lined up on shelves. Two tables with chairs were lined up on the edge of the store.

At the counter was a tan, older man with gray hairs peeking out of his hair and beard. He put on a wide smile as he spotted the pair, specifically Peter. His eyes widened as they hit Thea.

"Hey, Mr. Parker. Who is this?" He nodded towards Thea as he said this.

Thea waved her hand as she answered, "Hi I'm Thea, Peter's friend."

Peter seemed to be more relaxed once he entered this shop like he felt this was another home in a way. Peter then walked up to the counter, a slight pep in his step. He walked over and held out a hand to Mr. Delmar, who graciously shook it with a tight grip.

"Nice to see you too Mr. Delmar," Peter said while smiling.

Thea took a seat in one of the empty chairs in the store as Peter ordered his own food and some for Thea. Thea watched as Peter made his way over to her with a plastic bag in his hand. With his free hand, Peter waved Thea over to him. Thea stood up abruptly and strode over to him, a smile on her face the entire time. Peter, once more, opened the door for Thea and watched her as they both walked back to Peter's apartment.

In detention, Thea had promised Peter that she would watch Star Wars together and work on the project if they had time. Peter seemed shocked that Thea had never watched any Star Wars movie before had, and he sought to change that soon. Peter had told Thea that May would not be home this early, leaving him relieved. But Thea, however, enjoyed seeing May; she was like a fun aunt to her.

Peter's apartment inside was dark, only slight light coming through the windows from the street lights outside. Peter reached over on the wall in the apartment and flipped a switch, causing the yellow tinted lights to turn on, illuminating the small apartment.

Thea took a few steps into the apartment, her feet hitting the soft carpet. Peter, however, brushed past, walking to his bedroom. Thea quickly tailed him, observing his back as she did so. His backpack was full to the brim with books and papers. Part of it was unzipped and papers hung on by a thread. Thea tilted her head as she tried to read on paper that was sticking out. She could only manage to read a single word, 'Web...' before Peter opened his bedroom door and threw his backpack down into a chair.

Thea noticed that his bedroom wasn't nearly as messy as before. His clothes weren't strewn about the floor, instead, they were in a neat pile on his dresser. His desk was now visible, not cluttered with junk.

Thea stood by the doorway, looking at this practically new bedroom when she looked over at Peter. He had already pulled out his laptop, his disk drive opening and closing. He was sat down on his bed, laptop on his lap. He patted the side of him with his hand gingerly, gesturing Thea to sit down.