26- The Civil War (E)

Thea should have known it wouldn't have been long before she was recruited. She knew deep down that Tony wished she would be on his side. But that's just not how it worked out for her. The world barely trusted the mutants and enhanced people. But was Thea a mutant?

Thea was born with these powers but they didn't feel like mutant abilities. They weren't set in stone abilities. Every day they seemed to change and adapt. With this knowledge, Thea knew what these accords would do to her. So when Steve approached her with a proposition, she already knew her answer.

A soft knocking on her door woke Thea up. She sat up on the edge of her bed and groggily wiped the sleep out of her eyes. Clad in a loose tank top and pajama pants, Thea walked to the sound of knocking at the front door.

"Who is it?" Thea yawned out, not even bothering to check who it was first before she opened the door. Her hand rested on the edge of the door as she held it open.

Outside the door was Steve Rogers, Captain America. He was wearing a gray shirt that was dirtied with dried blood and dirt. His hair was uncombed, unlike his usual self, and his face was bloodied and bruised.

Thea immediately stood up straight, any sleep left in her now completely gone at the sight of him. "St-Steve... what are you doing here?"

"We need your help." Steve put clearly stated.

Thea's eyebrows furrowed slightly as she asked, "Who's we?"

"Wanda, Clint, Sam, Buck, and, hopefully, someone else, that you probably don't know," Steve said while crossing his arms.

"What exactly is going to happen?" Thea asked with an eyebrow raised. She let go of her grip on the door and leaned against the door frame.

"Just come with me and I'll tell you everything," Steve replied. He sidestepped, giving Thea a path to walk out.

"You know being as vague as you are right now I am feeling inclined to say no," Thea paused, looking at the reaction of Steve. His face held a slight expression of shock. Thea sighed, "But I'll say yes because I like you, Cap."

Steve's face transformed into a look of relief and smiled at Thea, his eyes closed slightly. "I like you too kid."

"Give me a couple of minutes to pack first... " Thea said while taking a step backward, further into her apartment. "I'm assuming no longer than five days?"

Thea turned around and walked toward her bedroom. All Steve did in reply was hum a 'yes'.

~~~~

Thea slung a backpack filled with supplies on her back and walked out of her bedroom. In her living room was Steve, sitting down on the couch. He sat patiently on the couch, his hand folded in his lap as he leaned forward slightly.

"So," Thea said while walking over to Steve. Thea closed the door behind her and asked, "Where are we going?"

"Germany," Steve said bluntly, he stood up from his spot on the couch and began to walk toward the door. Thea froze in her spot by the couch. Steve turned around at her and asked, "What? Never been to another country before?"

"Considering I've only been in another country when I was kidnapped, uh no," Thea stated, her body moving forward toward Steve by the door.

~~~~

On the way to Germany, Steve debriefed Thea on everything that had been going on. How a mad man was trying to revive soldiers like Bucky, only worse. Once in Germany, Thea realized that it wasn't as different from America as she thought it would be. Steve and Thea quickly met up with some of the group in a deserted parking structure.