beginning

She is,
and always will be,
worth the chaos.

———————

                    After one hell of a boring summer, I was back- back at the place I loathed, my beloved school. Sending a prayer of gratitude to Jesus because this is my last year here I enter the building.

Everyone was shouting.

It's their first day back I get it, but it's still quiet early in the morning. Why were they so happy to see each other again? I also get that they are happy, but they don't need to be so loud for God's sake. My ears are going to bleed. As if it couldn't get any better a girl shoved me by her shoulder to hug her boyfriend, thank God I got my grip and didn't fall on my face.

Now, if you're wondering, then yes. I'm a high schooler. The typical introvert pack. Bookworm and straight As. All the exciting stuff.

A nerd? Yes I am. I chose to stay at home and study most nights when my classmates stole booze from their parents and posted on insta to earn the tittle of the ultimate cool kid of the town. For a long time I was convinced my shiny school record will always make me happy, if only I suppress the curling lonely feeling I get in my guts on some nights.

All our life we just search for that one person who is also searching for us. Maybe that's why people these days are so into finding that one person. But he'll just come along the way when date decides it's the right time. And I hope that time just fucking comes around already.

Very hormonal teenager of me, but on sleepless nights I stare at my ceiling and find myself thinking about what that person is like. Is he like me? Or is he everything I'm not.

Does they like cozy coffee shops, old books, art exhibitions and starry skies? Do they smile when they see flowers, they smell them, play with puppies, stay up till late drawing?

Are they the opposite? Are they just an asshole with a shitty sense of humor and a criminal record? Most importantly, when they meet me, will they like me?

I try, I try to be a nice person. But my mouth doesn't cooperate.

I'm Tara. I'm half heaven and half hell. How you approach me, decides which part of me you'll see. And I thought my life was going smooth, but of course it had to turn upside down when my senior year started.

A lot can change in a year, I learnt it the hard way.

Now shall we carry on?

...

edited. [2/6/22]