gorgonize

Gorgonize
(n.)  To have a paralyzing or
mesmerizing effect on somebody.

...

Chapter 30
________________

In that heated moment, where Justin and Shawn were fighting two thugs and Ethan was scared shitless so he kept chanting some prayer to Jesus, a thought crossed over my mind. Did the thugs even take Justin seriously when he had sunflowers drawn over his cheekbones?

I mean, I would've laughed at his face and ruffled his hair. That explains why I'm not a robber.

I took a moment to curse myself. Who thinks like that during such a serious situation? A part of me wants them to stop fighting because I don't want my boys to get hurt. But these dudes need to know that they can't just go around robbing people.

"I'm calling 911." Ethan muttered only for me to hear.

"You think 911 works on this side of the city?" I question him as Justin tackled the guy to ground. I was so proud of him! My moment of pride vanished when the guy got on top of Shawn and threw a hard punch.

"No you didn't!" I shout as I attack him from behind. I did some unprofessional fighting as I grabbed a handful of his greasy hair and pulled with all my force. I kicked his back as he groaned.

You go girl!

The loud sound of engine revving caught my attention. Nice, another character comes in now! The motorcycle's loud sound stopped the fighting but I couldn't see who was driving it because of the bright headlight. Eventually the guy turned off the light and my mouth fell open. Adrian.

Are you fucking serious right now?

Adrian wasn't dressed in our disgusting janitor uniform. He was wearing a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath, his black jeans had rips on them. His hair was a mess because of the wind as he squinted his eyes to take a good look at everybody.

Fucking great. The last face I wanted to see right now.

"What's going on Chandler?" He asked in his same broody and husky voice. How come he still didn't notice me?

The one in the leather jacket got up and dusted himself off. "Regular work." He shrugged off. Robbing people is their regular work?

Only now I noticed a guy seating behind Adrian on his bike. I gulped nervously as I stepped behind Ethan. Why is that creepy guy from color fest with him?

"This is not how you fucking do it. How many times do I have to tell you? Let them go and I swear to god if I ever catch you robbing anyone I'll..." he trailed off when his eyes finally fell on me.

"You guys can leave." He said. Adrian and I had the same expression on. Furrowed eyebrows, and confused. He didn't expect me to be here and I didn't expect the thugs to take orders from him.

Two of them stepped back. Justin dusted off his shirt and walked away after one final glance at Adrian. Ethan betrayed me and walked away, making me visible to the creepy dude from color fest.

We made eye contact. His expression didn't change however I thought I'll piss my pants. Shawn's finger intertwined with mine. "Thank you." He said to Adrian. Adrian only nodded as his eyes fell on our hands.

He looked up at me for a second and then back at our hands. He already thinks we are dating when Shawn and I are just friends.

"Let's go." Shawn said. I nodded and took my hand from his. I couldn't let him feel awkward so I started to fix my shorts as we walked to our own bikes. Adrian noticed that too. A part of me wanted him to see that. We walked away after that.