abience

Abience
(n). The strong urge to avoid
someone or something

...

Chapter 18

__________________

Ethan looked at me for a long time. He took his time processing what happened last night, I told him how Shawn was trying to flirt with me, by sending a shirtless pic. He slowly nodded. As if he finally got it. "So, why would he send it to you? What are his intentions?" He narrows his eyes.

"He didn't tell me his intentions."

He shook his head. "There's definitely some theory behind it. Does he have bad intentions? Or good intentions?"

"Theory?" I gave him bewildered look.

"Don't you watch Shane Dawson's videos? There's a conspiracy theory behind everything. We will dig it out." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Don't have to go all FBI on a picture he sent me." I told him. Closing my locker door I turned to Ethan fully. He was staring at something behind him. "Shawn is coming. Act cool." He whispered hurriedly.

"How do I act cool?" I whispered back.

"Give him a sexy smile." He replied.

"A sexy smile isn't cool." I tried to reason with him. "Tara?" Shawn smoothly called out. I turned around to face him. "Hey!" I smile.

"I bought you something." He hands out a packet. Ethan tried to peek from behind my shoulders to see what is in it. "Thank you so much." I tell him.

"Um.. can we talk?" He asks.

"Talk about what?" Ethan barked out before I even opened my mouth.

"I wanted to talk to Tara." He replied with no sarcasm in his tone. I gave Ethan a tight lipped smile.

When I tried to reply to Shawn the bell to homeroom rang. "Oh, bad timing. We have to leave. See you at lunch handsome." Ethan started dragging me with him. I let out small bye before he's too far away.

"Why were you behaving so weirdly?" I ask him.

"I was looking out for you. You weren't prepared to face him. You don't have any makeup on." Ethan said. I tried not to groan.

"It's not the first time he saw me without makeup." I tell him.

"Yeah, But..." he trailed off when Justin sat in front of me. "But what?" He got into the conversation. I turned to look at Ethan who was trying to say 'don't tell him about Shawn' by expressions.

But he's damn wrong if he thinks I'll be keeping a secret from Justin. It's something I'm not capable of. "It's just Shawn. You went to Pink last night and didn't bother asking your friend if she needs anything. So, Shawn called and he even bought some sweatshirts for me. He was being kind to me."

Ethan snorted. "He wasn't being kind. He was trying to get into your pants."

"By buying sweatshirt? What type of move is that?" Justin gave me one 'are you kidding me' look.

"He sent her nudes." He said. Justin and I gasped at the same time. It wasn't nudes! In a way, maybe. But shirtless pics are not what you call nudes! I mean, if it was a girl sending shirtless pics, it would be nudes. Double standards.

Ethan was fucking up everything.

"As in dick pics?" Justin asked. He looked so pissed off.

"No, he didn't send me nudes! Ethan is out of his mind. We were joking around, talking about shirtless boys. I told him, I'll search for some online. He said, you'll not find this one online. And sent me one. Not a big deal." I explain.