kalokagathia

Kalokgathia
(n.) the good and the beautiful in a person.

...

Chapter 23

________________

Deep in my bones, I knew it. I knew that some people will take advantage of the game. Justin didn't really have pure intentions before he started the game, I knew that too. But a newbie getting bullied wasn't really on his mind.

From what I've learned, he started this school less than a week ago and he succeeded to not get any attention on him so far but now he's under the radar.

Who the hell am I talking about? Tyler Lancaster.

What is happening? He's getting bullied.

I'll be damned if I let people walk over him like that. Aaron, Brandon and Shawn were having a pretty good time teasing him, when they found out he was a Virgin, it didn't quite help his case. I started to walk towards the three assholes but someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see Ethan.

"What?"

"They are just playing a game, let them."

"You, me, every damned creature in this building knows they are not playing the game. I'll not let them do it." I yanked away my hand. Brandon was ruffling Tyler's hair and Shawn was with him, laughing at Tyler. I could slap him senseless right now.

"Piss off you three, it's going out of hand." I tell them. I'm not very humble, but I'm being kind to them.

"Tara, don't be a buzzkill. I'm sure everyone is having a good time." Brandon said. I looked around the students lounge. They just stared back.

"You'll leave him alone, I said what I said. Now get the hell away." I say again.

"Tara he just agreed to play another round, it'll be fun. He'll choose dare this time, won't you Tyler?" Shawn said, with a smirk on his face. Tyler mumbled a yes.

"No he won't Shawn. Because I won't let him. You think just because you're taller and bulkier than him, it makes you stronger? And also, gives you the right to bully him? I'm regretting ever having a crush on you. Yes, I did. I think I liked you even but now that I've seen you bully people I've changed my mind. Dumb stupid asshole." I yelled.

Shawn smirk fell off his face. "We were just trying have fun. It's not like I hit him or something. I'd never hurt him for no reason."

"Oh shut up. You can't just pick on him like that. Every brainless person in the room knows that, but still chooses to ignore." I eyed the room again.

"Can you just quit it already? It was for fun. Why does it bother you if he was bullied?" Quinn, the dumbest bitch, said. I roll my eyes and turn to face her properly.

"For fun huh? Do you even have any mirror at your place? I can already see your brown roots. Go get hair done maybe? And look at those thighs, they'd make delicious drumsticks I'm sure. Do I need to mention that you've over stuffed your bra today? Is that white thing tissue or your tank top, Quinn?" I cross my arms. She looked down frantically at her thighs then at her chest. It was indeed tissue that she had stuffed.

She looked up at me angrily. "You can't talk to me like that." She spat.

"And they can't speak to Tyler like that. Simple, no?" I finish and Ethan whistles. "That's my boo. You go girl!" He cheered for me.

It was hard not to break into a grin after his comment. Everyone started talking among themselves. No one paying attention to us anymore. Shawn got a hold of my arm. I yank it away again.