pygalgia

Pygalgia
(n.) A pain in the ass, literally.

...

Chapter 34

————————

If you told me even a week ago that I'd spend a night with Adrian and actually enjoy my time, I'd be a laughing mess. But look at me now, wearing his leather jacket and seated on his bike while my back was against his chest. Adrian was smoking his second cigarette of the night and I didn't protest. I was too busy staring at the empty road in front of us.

A part of me felt bad for using him. I wasn't actually using him, he was helping me unknowingly. With his help I could spend more time on the west side and make sure Carlos is not in our city anymore. If he is, I'd be more than glad to hand him over to the FBI. It won't be that hard, we are just two friends hanging out.

But do friends kiss? Friends with benefits do.

We are not friends with benefits, whatever we are I don't wanna know that now. It's the least of my worries. I know mom is away from home, working. But what about Justin? What must've caught his attention?

Lack of attention from Justin could send me to depression and it's true.

More smoke clouded my vision as I tried not to inhale. Adrian will ruin my lungs overnight, I'm sure. "You should stop smoking now." I say breaking the peaceful silence. He held out the cigarette for me, "Wanna try?"

"I've smoked before, when I was twelve. Justin was curious so we just stole from one of our janitors." I tell him.

"Hope you don't do that anymore." He jokes making me smile. I took the cigarette from his hold and took a drag before slowly blowing it out. I look up at Adrian to see his reaction. He looked impressed.

"If there's one thing you could change about me, what would it be?" I ask him.

"Your roots." He replied instantly.

"Roots?" I look up at him confusingly, weird answer. He nervously laughed. "American girls are dumb." I give him another confused look before chuckling. He wasn't entirely wrong. But it wasn't the answer I had expected.

"What would you change about me?" He asks.

I thought about it for a while before replying, "Rude and cold demeanor. That makes people not wanna approach you, but it's not bad either. Your resting cold face makes you Adrian."

"Great. I don't want people to come talk to me, socializing is fucking annoying." He replied making me chuckle.

"Is there anything you don't find fucking annoying?" I inquire. "Of course." Adrian smiled down at me, "I like quiet nights like this one, I like cigarettes, metal music, cheeseburgers, sleeping."

"Aw, I thought you're gonna say my name." I say. Adrian chuckled. His chest vibrated making me move along with it.

"You're annoying at times. When you're lecturing me about rules, I swear I could kill you. But then you go skinny dipping with me, smoke and chill. I don't find you annoying then." He replied. I burst out laughing out of the blue. It wasn't just another laugh, it was the knee slapping, belly hurting, tears forming ugly laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asked, I shook my head. "I don't know." I answer between my laughs. Adrian chuckled and kept staring at me skeptically. It took me good few minutes to sober up.

"Not funny." He replied and rolled his eyes but I caught him smirking. We went back to our usual position then when he wrapped his arms around my neck, providing me a good view of his hands. I have a serious hand fetish.